PDA

View Full Version : Am I losing l my mojo?

Kokanee Kid
06-22-2009, 05:39 PM
After my last outing for kokanee I ended up with a zero, that left me in doubt. So no phone calls this week, so I decide to head out alone. I figure why not head south and give Ward another go. So my alarm go's off and I continue to hit the snoze button for over a hour. I din't get to Ward untill around 7:30. Two others were fishing kokes and both told me the bite had turned off. But i'm gunna give it a go anyway, like the most of us would. So after finding some fish I start tossing everything I got at em. I tried 4 diffrent types of bait, 4 doggers, mini squid, wedding ring, and even a apex. And for this effort im sitting at zero. Am I losing my mojo? And the a voice pops in my head "fishing bear likes green". So I figure why not try a green wedding ring, five min. later fish on! And after landing that, it was another ten and fish number two hit the net. I fished hard and had four takes, two hook-ups, and two in the boat.

So I figure, whay not go harass the local stocker trout for a bit. And bingo, lots of hungry trout, and I C&R two in short order. And I see a Dad with a few lil guys on the shore. I figure what do I have do lose, and ask the man if I could "borrow one of his kids". And I get the you weired-o look. And the I tell him "to help the lil guys get a fish or two". And all is cool the lil girl was Isabelle and is 6 and never caught a fish. We were out for mabe 15 min. and she had 4 takes, hooked two and caught two. After that we went a got the boy, his name was Charlie and he's 9. It took about 20 min. and he had about 12 hits, hooked, 3 and got two. It's was more fun waching those two than anything else on this day thumbsup
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff264/Chuck-the-duck1/ward006.jpg

redmanjr1
06-22-2009, 08:33 PM
KK,
Sounds like you still have your MoJo and then some. Good on ya!!

Bob

Mossback
06-23-2009, 12:29 AM
Hey KK,

Kudos to ya for taking those kids out fishing. What you give you get back and what you did was a show of a true sportsman.

The Ward Kokes have been finicky lately. Been down and around the 50' mark in 48-50 degree water but coming up to 14-27' of the surface to feed. Chartruese spinners with tied #4 chartruese coated Gamu's with shoepeg and a heathly portion of Sweet Kokanee Lunker Lotion has coaxed a few to my boat. I've also modified some large herring jigs onto 2 red #4 coated gamu's behind a small dodger.

If all else fails, just sit back and watch the osprey and eagle go at it by the ole Kokanee Hole.

MB

Kokonuts
06-23-2009, 03:29 PM
K. Kid....Dosnt get any better than that ! Catching some Kokanee, Helping kids catch some is iceing on the Cake!!

You'll be paid back in many ways!!....Way to Go!!

thumbsup....Kokonuts