PDA

View Full Version : Gorge Fever

Fort_Bragger
06-11-2009, 09:09 PM
If you can stand another California fisherman invading the Gorge, here I come. I'll be fishing starting on the 19th or 20th. with a few other Fish Sniffers out of Lucerne. This is my second trip. I fished the Gorge last July for the first time.

I'm trying to extricate myself from California, but with the real estate market like it is, that's proving to take more time than I would like. I'm retired and looking to see the golden state only in my rear view mirror. I've hunted Elk out of Dinosaur, Colorado for quite some time now. I want to add fishing the Gorge to my list of things to do each year. I have a 19 foot Duckworth packed and ready to go.
Thanks, Ben.

SilverBullets
06-11-2009, 11:19 PM
Welcome to KFF Fort Bragger!thumbsup

Kokaholic
06-11-2009, 11:56 PM
WElcome aboard Bragger. Glad to have you. Yes, I too have a gorge problem. I will be leaving for Bucky in the morning!thumbsupworthy12

macscabin
06-12-2009, 02:20 AM
Welcome to the board! I will be in Hideout Canyon the 18-21st maybe I will hear you on the radio.

Bduck
06-12-2009, 05:42 AM
Welcome Fort Bragger. thumbsup I did put Golden State in my rear view mirror. Hang in there and the real estate will turn around eventually.

Fort_Bragger
06-12-2009, 01:25 PM
It looks like the weather has been a challenge. I've got the good rain gear on board. I'm fairly new to Koke fishing. My first love is ocean Kings. Another good reason to leave Ca. I fished the Anvil Draw last July. I probably will start there since I know the spot. Can you give me a starting depth and gear to troll with? I have a lot of pink gear, and pink/green maggots. Carp spit and pink maggots were hot last July. I'm sure I can figure it out on my own, but any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Ben.

Bduck
06-12-2009, 10:08 PM
Ben, The best is posted under Flaming Gorge reports. There is a variety of things to use. Sounds like you have a good start. Anvil Draw is a good start and try heading south from there. Sportsmens Warehouse has a good GPS map for about $7.00. Best of fishing Roger