PDA

View Full Version : Any Blue Mesa reports???

jjlantz
06-09-2009, 12:47 PM
I would imagine that with the water having risen and hopefully begining to clear, the fishing should really start to pick up. If any of you have been out there lately, a report would be greatly appreciated! Take care.

bobco
06-11-2009, 06:16 PM
been on and off from what I have heard, Iola is been best with some good fishing in Lake fork around soap creek area and the mouth of Cebolla . It is full and clearing , should settle in now.

jjlantz
06-12-2009, 02:16 PM
Thanks for the reply. I hope to see more reports from anyone else fishing Blue Mesa. Thanks and best of luck!

Kmo
06-13-2009, 11:03 AM
Headed down to blue mesa 6-20 to 6-27. Started going a week later than we used to. Seems to have worked out for us the last few years. Have been going to Wolford to make sure the boat and camper are in working order. Have been doing good up there.

jjlantz
06-13-2009, 12:19 PM
Kmo,
On Wolford, do you fish the east side and along the dam? Also, what size do the kokes run there? Also, have you tried Williams Fork? From the stocking reports, it looks like they put alot more in there and from what I hear the size is very decent. I am looking to try both in the future but am heading to Blue Mesa first, early next week.
As far as Blue Mesa goes, I was thinking of trying the narrows out from Elk Creek Marina and the mouth of the Cebolla arm. Are there any other likely spots that I should hit? I'll probably check with Gene Taylors Sporting Goods to get the latest and then take it from there. I would have hit Blue Mesa in late June but a Yellowstone trip trumped that time period, so, like many, I'm getting there while I can. This will be my first trip to Blue Mesa, so any input would be greatly appreciated, take care.

Kmo
06-13-2009, 06:22 PM
jjlentz I do fish the east side at wolford but right now the fish are scattered around the lake. the bay across from the boat ramp has treated us good. The fish at wolford average 12 to 14 inches. They will put some size onthis summer. The average size at williams fork is much larger. have done well at the fork through june but i do not believe you can leave your boat on over night. i have been told you have to be off the lake by 8 p.m. Best time of the day. We fish the Lake Fork end of Blue Mesa. Have fished the Elk Creek part of the lake very fee times. Look for all the boats.