PDA

View Full Version : June 6th and 7th fishing report

jacksonlaker
06-08-2009, 11:59 PM
Even though the weather forecast was crappy, we decided to go anyway....Good decision !! We got on the water around 9 on Sat. fished with the pack off the channel at Big Bend. We found fish in 40 to 60 feet, 30 down, but couldn't put a pattern together. We landed 5 kokes and some mini-macs, dropped a bunch. Hot lure was a RMT watermelon dodger/orange squid. We fished in a bunch of areas for different species, caught some rainbows, macs and 1 smallmouth. All in all a good day. The weather was perfect, sunny and warm...no wind. I even got a sunburn. Sunday was better fishing. We had all rods in by 7, but hit the first fish at 8, a 4lb monster koke which hit like a Chinook. I thought it was a huge mac when it popped the release and bent the rod over in the holder !! We had our limit of 6 by 9;30, all on orange squids, Bahama mama dodgers, orange squids tipped with gulp maggots. We left the kokes to look for macs, got a few small ones and finished by 10 with 10 fish boated...right before the wind and rain !! A great weekend of fishing !!

Propnut69
06-09-2009, 10:47 AM
wtg Tomthumbsup glad you were rewarded with good fishing.I surprised that Saturday was that good weather wise,as it was windy here in town all day.

Bduck
06-09-2009, 10:57 AM
A 4lb Koke. Sounds like the big guys are coming out to play. Great job Jacksonlaker. The challenge is coming up-mmmmmmm! fencing

Kokehead
06-09-2009, 12:59 PM
Good on ya tom. Hope the weater hold out this weekend for the derby. Good luck to all those that are fishing the derby and look forward to seeing you all there.