PDA

View Full Version : Paulina Report 6/8

SilverBullets
06-08-2009, 10:45 PM
The dock is finally in! Started out the day trolling. Released a couple small one's and decide to give the jigs I've been working on all winter a try. Anchored up in around 60' of water, and jigged right off the bottom. Ended up with about 4 in the boat averaging 11-13". Had many drive bys. Went back to trolling to finish off our 2 limits... All on Apex lures. Corn used was kokanee special, and garlic dyed pink. Fish are starting to fatten up in just the last couple weeks! thumbsup

Fallriverguy
06-09-2009, 11:41 AM
Thanks for the good report. I may have to make my way up there since Wickiup is in lock down.

Troutski
06-10-2009, 07:07 AM
Thanks for the good report. I may have to make my way up there since Wickiup is in lock down.

What's up with Wickiup? Not the dreaded Blue Green Algae, please tell me no..

Chuck

Fallriverguy
06-10-2009, 01:55 PM
It is not the algea. The fish's patterns change when the water warms. In years past you cold find fish schooled up in deeper water at this time. They still seem scatter which is unusual.

Troutski
06-10-2009, 07:11 PM
Thanks, I can deal with finicky fish but that Algae is a completely differently story. Wickiup brings back some great memories of Koke fishing, the Wickiup sandwich comes to mind.

Chuck