PDA

View Full Version : 22 days till Adulthood

Lundman
06-08-2009, 05:08 PM
That's right 22 days till the "Time Warp" pulls us from the utter non-sence of the private clubs...

That Day will soon be here where we can act like an adult and go into a bar without sponsor-ship and order a drink (and without french fries).

thumbsup Wow to pull into a bar & get a tap beer without filling out a application and getting a membership card..... stomper

It will be like we're in Wyoming or Nevada or any other state in the Union...

Don't laugh at us here in Utah - we are slowly pulling our heads out of the sand.....

SuperD
06-08-2009, 05:33 PM
But will it change the quality of the drink? Access is nice but wouldn't it be nice if there was some quality to go along with it?

Kokaholic
06-08-2009, 05:54 PM
True on all accounts. I wish we would also legalize gambleing in Utard too! I hate to think of how many millions of Dollars we here in Utah pump into Idaho's and others school systems and such because we can not get it together here. Man o Man, we could have some great schools here with all of that money. Roads, etc. WOW skies the limit!

Wendover, The Idaho boarder towns and Mesquite, Man, They clean up big time on all of us here. Were missing the boat here.thumbsup

Lundman
06-08-2009, 06:23 PM
But will it change the quality of the drink?

Great Question - You have to remember the state laugh hyst controls every aspect of Alcohol consumption in Utah - every ounce of booze is taxed and accounted for... us sinners must pay. worthy12

In other words - One ounce is measured carefully.....

SuperD
06-08-2009, 07:02 PM
Great Question - You have to remember the state laugh hyst controls every aspect of Alcohol consumption in Utah - every ounce of booze is taxed and accounted for... us sinners must pay. worthy12

In other words - One ounce is measured carefully.....

The wife and I stopped in St. George a few years back for dinner. She orders a martini and the waiter brings her the drink in a glass that is only about 1/4 full. We both looked at each other and assumed he drank it from the bar to our table. After we questioned him, he tried his best to explain but it wasn't satisfying the wife. My recommendation to the waiter was that the restaurant buy smaller glasses.

Full_Monte
06-09-2009, 09:27 AM
True on all accounts. I wish we would also legalize gambleing in Utard too! I hate to think of how many millions of Dollars we here in Utah pump into Idaho's and others school systems and such because we can not get it together here. Man o Man, we could have some great schools here with all of that money. Roads, etc. WOW skies the limit!

Wendover, The Idaho boarder towns and Mesquite, Man, They clean up big time on all of us here. Were missing the boat here.thumbsup

What happened in California was a lottery system where the proceeds were to go to fund schools. What did the state do when the money started rolling in? They reduced the money they were sending to the schools from the state budget by the amount that the lottery brought in. Net result was no change for schools and more money for pork-barrel projects for the legislature.