PDA

View Full Version : Lake Berryessa 6-6-09 - More Kokanee action...

HiTechKoke
06-07-2009, 02:22 PM
Fished Berryessa with my very capable first mate daughter on Saturday and we managed our limits. It wasn't a wide open bite for us but we were generally pretty busy when the bite was on and had to shake off a few trout as well. We had 3 Kokes over 17 and the biggest was Rachel's of course at 17 3/4. Drags were screaming on these larger fish but no aerial displays today for us. In the end it was a beautiful day and amazingly very little lake lice which was a bonus. The fish were in the 50-65 foot range for us and we used all the lures we've been using this season in my other reports. I won't get into specifics with a derby there a week away! :-) A few pictures to tell the story. I have some videos to compile as well but that will take a while to put together.

It didn't take too long and we started getting into some fish one the sun burned off the clouds...

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_QhsKMU8Rwio/Siv8ZS3Y4tI/AAAAAAAAAMo/WrqVXJr2kMY/s800/img_0742_std.jpg

Rachels big one for the day at 17 3/4 1lb 15 oz... we still have not broken the 2lb mark this year.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_QhsKMU8Rwio/Siv8Zc8Mt6I/AAAAAAAAAMw/HV4BAKSF2aA/s800/img_0753_std.jpg

The cooler is looking good... we had to work for the devil fish to finish the day..

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_QhsKMU8Rwio/Siv8_Gs5nYI/AAAAAAAAAM4/9AhOXM4QOiU/s800/img_6483_std.jpg

The camera ran out of battery power so it was a limit stick at home...

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_QhsKMU8Rwio/Siv8_I3MIiI/AAAAAAAAAM0/lG-WHemEDQM/s800/img_6476_std.jpg

Kevin

Bduck
06-07-2009, 03:58 PM
Way to go HT. You guys are producing some good quality Kokes. thumbsup

SilverBullets
06-07-2009, 04:28 PM
Another great report HiTech! Looks like as the season progresses you may need a larger cooler. Those are some nice size kokes you guys are getting this year!!

Old School
06-07-2009, 09:30 PM
Hi Tech,
I dont think you could have asked for more. Looks like it all came together for you guys. Congrats.

I'm taking a few weeks off, but will be back with a vengence come July. I hope I can pick up a limit like that one of these days. I got one more 17 incher in the freezer and I'm saving it for a special occation. Its better then a fine wine to me. Good luck at the derby.

Old School

dunnigan jim
06-07-2009, 10:17 PM
Nice limit of kokes Kevin .. I was at New Melones fri & sat for the CAST event for the kids . Had a great time taking the kids out fishing. There was alot of fishermen and fisherwomen that donated their boat for this event. We prefished fri afternoon for 8 kokes , biggest at 14 1/2 . Put a nice 15" in the boat for the first gruop I took out . I think D/R Dave has some pics of the kids catching fish.

binthere50
06-11-2009, 04:27 AM
Kevin...I've never met you and hope to some day, but I gotta say, you got game brother!....and your daughters do to!..Always enjoy your pics and videos.
Got a new Koke crew(Koke rookies) heading to the Gorge to break in my new boat the last week of this month...should be an interesting trip...all very good fisherman, just new to kokanee...so I figured what better way to break in a new boat than to fish Flaming Gorge....School will be in session I'm sure....
I will post the trip and hopefully some nice fish pics when we return.....Mike

HiTechKoke
06-11-2009, 10:26 AM
Thanks for the compliments from everyone. We have fun on our Koke adventures and I like to document them to share to friends and family. The kids realize I'm nuts over Kokanee and the fishery. Hopefully we'll meet someday binthere50.

As for the Gorge make sure to hook up with some of the Gorge regulars here as I'm sure they can get you pointed in the right direction if you have any questions and I'm sure some of them will be out there during your trip.

Dunnigan Jim - We got a nice report on the CAST even from Mr. Downrigger at our KP meeting this week. Sounds like it was a lot of fun with all the kids getting to fish.

Kevin...I've never met you and hope to some day, but I gotta say, you got game brother!....and your daughters do to!..Always enjoy your pics and videos.
Got a new Koke crew(Koke rookies) heading to the Gorge to break in my new boat the last week of this month...should be an interesting trip...all very good fisherman, just new to kokanee...so I figured what better way to break in a new boat than to fish Flaming Gorge....School will be in session I'm sure....
I will post the trip and hopefully some nice fish pics when we return.....Mike

Fallriverguy
06-11-2009, 11:58 AM
As always I enjoy reading your posts and looking at the pictures. Those are some nice fish. I like how you have the fish arranged...small on the left and getting bigger on the right. ;)

Can't wait to see more video.

cptdarel
06-11-2009, 07:12 PM
Good show Kevin/Rachel, donno what your using for a camera, but those pics jump out at you.

Full_Monte
06-12-2009, 12:09 AM
Way to go, Kevin! Good luck at the tournament this weekend. I bet it will be a real zoo out there.

camotracker
06-14-2009, 05:47 PM
nice job out there. looks like you got a fishing buddy for life

LEO"CAMOTRACKER"