PDA

View Full Version : Lake Berryessa 6/4/09

Full_Monte
06-05-2009, 10:45 AM
My buddy Mike and I fished Berryessa yesterday. We launched at Capell at 5:15am. It was overcast and there was a wind that was colder than expected.
Water temp was 72 degrees F at the surface. The good news is that my new fish finder worked well and I caught my largest Koke to date...a nice 17 1/2 inch fatty. CBT watermelon dodger in front of a R&K watermelon hoochie.

http://www.kokaneefishingforum.com/fishing-forums/picture.php?albumid=38&pictureid=884

The fishing was pretty slow. We landed only two kokes and 4 trout for the day.
We quit at 2pm. Most of the other boats didn't seem to be catching much either, but one limited out with 15 fish. I keep wondering....what am I doing wrong?

Fallriverguy
06-05-2009, 12:04 PM
Nice fish!

SilverBullets
06-05-2009, 01:51 PM
Great report Monte! Looks like you must be doing something right to tag on to one like that!thumbsup

Koke Head
06-06-2009, 01:27 AM
What Full Monte didn't tell you was that we had a very nice day doing something we love. No work, no problems, just a great day on the lake. Thanks again, Monte, I needed that. Fresh Kokanee always tastes wonderful. And consider this - if fishing had been better we might have left earlier and what fun would that have been? In my humble opinion, it was time very well spent. thumbsup

"buddy" Mike

HiTechKoke
06-06-2009, 01:31 AM
Now that's a Berryessa Koke! 1 of those equals 5 Pardee or 4 Pedros or 2-3 Melones ones... :-) Good job and you have all summer to refine things for the sometimes finicky fish.

Kevin

Full_Monte
06-07-2009, 01:26 AM
Thanks! I just "lucked" into an odd koke. Don't think I was "on" the fish all day.
The finder marked some arches, but no straight-line signatures.

Bduck
06-07-2009, 07:09 AM
That is a nice Koke. That's a quality size that you can pull from the gorge. Way to go Monte. thumbsup