PDA

View Full Version : June 3-4 Report

bluefishon
06-05-2009, 01:57 AM
I took my wife fishing for an evening Wed and Thurs half day trip this week. fished late evening Wed just below the pipeline and had a great bite, lots of smaller ones with a few 2 lbers in the mix, caught 11(all released except one for dinner that night) in a short time using rmt dodgers and squids, hyperplaid, watermelon, and pink dogders with double glow pink, uv pink haze squids being the best. Thurs morning she wanted to hit the macks on the jig (she caught and released a 30lber, thats another story but this site is about kokanee fishing so I will save it for another place) so we didnt hit the kokes til 10:30, decided to try upper marsh creek, saw alot of boats around pipeline. Wanted to take a look at upper marsh so we headed up there but found Lots of boats fishing upper marsh creek for a thursday, despite being later in the morning we still had a consistent bite and had a nice limit of plump salmon for the 2 of us in about an hour and a half. Used the same gear as the night before, most our fish were 35-45 feet. Broke in the new Jared J rods, they are a thing of beauty! Love the action! If you dont have a few of these you'd better get some they are sweet. Had a fun day with the wife, and the weather was perfect!, it appears the koke fishing is heating up, time to plan a trip! tight lines Russ

Bduck
06-05-2009, 03:10 AM
Thanks for sharing & great pic's. The JJ rods are an excellent choice. Mine are too straight now but will remold them here soon when the challenge kicks off. fencing

HiTechKoke
06-05-2009, 09:54 AM
Nice report and pics. Just throw that Mac story in the "Other Fishing" category. We all love to hear a big fish story and if you have pics that would be awesome too.

Kevin

Fish4Brains
06-05-2009, 10:16 AM
Nice Fish!!!!

Mickey Thomas
06-05-2009, 06:37 PM
Good job, looks like things are heating up 2 weeks before I can get back there. I'll be there on June 19th, keep up the good reports, sure would know the secret to jigging up Macks there too, tried it for two years now without any success.

jacksonlaker
06-05-2009, 08:43 PM
Nice job on the kokes and the greaser ( lake trout). I am leaving Jackson at 3 A.M. tonight for a weekend of Kokin' in the rain and wind. Now i'm really pumped !!

Petty4life
06-05-2009, 10:03 PM
Nice job Russ. i was wondering if you had been up yetthumbsup

Kokaholic
06-06-2009, 12:32 AM
Nice report. Wish I could get my wife to go after the kokes with me.