PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Washington Kokanee???

sthoge
06-03-2009, 06:49 PM
New to the Eastern Washington fishing scene and was wondering where the best Kokanee fishing is in the area. Or at least what lakes contain Kokanee.

Steve

jzell
06-03-2009, 07:14 PM
Lake Roosevelt has LARGE kokes. Haven't fished it but it is on the lifetime to do list.

MackPrince
06-03-2009, 08:17 PM
Loon Lake is 25 miles north of Spokane. It has good trolling and the option of night fishing. Daily limit of 10.

PM me if you ever decide to head up there. I spent many years on the lake.

sthoge
06-04-2009, 03:17 PM
Loon Lake is 25 miles north of Spokane. It has good trolling and the option of night fishing. Daily limit of 10.

PM me if you ever decide to head up there. I spent many years on the lake.

Typically, how big do the get in Loon lake? I've fished Spirit Lake in Idaho and they are usually pretty small. Average last saturday was only about 6 inches.

Loon lake sounds like a great option as we live on the north side of town up near wandimere so the lake isn't too far away.

Steve.

MackPrince
06-04-2009, 05:12 PM
I'm a Mead native myself...
The "silvers" as they call 'em at Loon run 11-13" most years. Deer Lake is about 10 miles north of Loon and also has kokes in the same size range.

Shady136
07-19-2009, 04:01 PM
Anyone ever done well at Chapman? From what I've heard this lake is full of decent sized kokes...caught a few myself. But I haven't quite unlocked the secret of the lake yet.

Kokhead
08-09-2009, 09:36 PM
Chapman is one of the better lakes to go night fishing and get your before midnight limt and your after midnight limit. I have left there with 20 fish and w/ two of my buddies 60 fish total.

I do best at the north end of the lake. There is an area up there with a couple of dead tree sticking out of the water and what you do is anchor in front of them 110' to 90' of water and drop your bait at the depth you are marking the fish. Glow hooks or jigs w/ maggots work best for me. The last time I was up there the fish were down 50' to 44' of water.

sthoge
08-10-2009, 03:34 PM
Chapman is one of the better lakes to go night fishing and get your before midnight limt and your after midnight limit. I have left there with 20 fish and w/ two of my buddies 60 fish total.

I do best at the north end of the lake. There is an area up there with a couple of dead tree sticking out of the water and what you do is anchor in front of them 110' to 90' of water and drop your bait at the depth you are marking the fish. Glow hooks or jigs w/ maggots work best for me. The last time I was up there the fish were down 50' to 44' of water.

By the looks of the boat ramp pic I saw on washingtonlakes.com, I don't think I can get my boat in there. It looks like the ramp is pretty shallow and I've got a 20 foot Trophy that requires around 5 feet of water to get it off the trailer.

smokin' Kokes
08-11-2009, 08:30 AM
sthoge,
put these on your trailer bunks. i use 2 of the 5" extra wides on each side for support and let the extra stick out in front of the bunk boards. screwed right on top of carpet. comes with SS screws.
make sure to keep the safety chain on until the tires are in the water, the boat slides easy, :eek:
http://www.surfixinc.com/surfix_trailer_bunkslides.html

raise your trailer front by going with a lifted ball mount and put on side rails. add 4 2"dia. 30" white PVC tubes on the steel uprights for 1 man reloading at any dock.
http://www.cesmithco.com/Powerstore/27600.php
makes reloading in a side wind a breezethumbsuplaugh hysttooexcited

i use a 4" lift ball mount on my Dodge

i can launch just about anywhere with my 20' Trophy now.

Shady136
08-11-2009, 08:45 AM
And don't forget that Chapman is a small lake and offers a nice sized, sturdy boat rental -$10 for all day. Bring your own motor though, 5mph speed limit too.

Kokhead
08-12-2009, 03:48 PM
sthoge, It gets fairly deep fast and it is small and steep. I'm thinking you would be fine the only ? is, is it wide enough probly.

Note: I could be wrong.