PDA

View Full Version : greetings

AgNO3
06-03-2009, 02:40 PM
Hello new member here. I caught the bug about 4 years ago by hooking a silver by mistake fishing for trout on Lake Stevens. I couldn't have been happier after finding out what it was. My angling background comes from northern MI so I'm not new to fresh water salmon fishing. (just not on this small of a scale, the fish in Huron are full size) I have come to love "mini" fishing as much or better. Now I live in Renton and fish the nearby waterways including Angle, Langlois, American, Cle Ellum and some others. Recently hooked the first silvers of the year at Alder. Got 3 about 12" on red apex. Looking forward to good reports and advice from fellow Wa kokeheads.

Bduck
06-03-2009, 02:54 PM
Welcome AgNO3. You will find alot of useful info from the other states as well. Enjoy.

SilverBullets
06-03-2009, 10:54 PM
Welcome aboard AgN03! Man, you just brought back some memories of my old stomping grounds! Have you fished for kokes in Lake Sammamish, Shannon, or Baker? Will be looking forward to reading your reports!thumbsup

MackPrince
06-04-2009, 01:19 AM
Welcome Ag!
-Mackthumbsup

Kokonuts
06-04-2009, 08:37 AM
Welcome to a great forum! Always glad to hear from another Wash. kokanee Fisherman!....thumbsup.....Kokonuts

Fallriverguy
06-04-2009, 11:50 AM
Welcome silver nitrate.

Kokanee Kid
06-04-2009, 01:07 PM
Welcome thumbsup

Angle was the ticket last year tongue2

But 2 years ago the state did not plant kokes, so there should not be any koke fishing this year crymeariver

When were you at Alder? Been wanting to hit that.

AgNO3
06-04-2009, 08:57 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome gentlemen. I'm glad someone got the silver nitrate joke, I almost went with wed wedding wing...

silver bullets: have not fished any of those lakes, although I will try sammamish and or washington some day, it just seems like there is always too much going on to deal with Where is Shannon and Baker? up north?

Kokanee kid: I was at Alder last weekend got 3 small kokes on red apex about 20ft down near north end of the lake
Also, checking the dfwl website angle has been stocked with around 2500 fry every year since 2005 (maybe even before that but the list doesn't include fry plants untill 05) I'm sure there are enough left for it to remain my midweek lake

everyone--I need a spot for this weekend, I was thinking maybe american or something else in northern pierce county any suggestions?