PDA

View Full Version : End of the month berryessa 5-29-09 report

sambo
06-02-2009, 07:59 PM
thumbsupHit the lake sat, overcast and very few boats (every one at don pedro derby) had a great day of fishing,Big kokes were spread out tho, not like last week,picked up a 3 plus lb salmon at 80 feet near big island with a sling blade in green (large one)and a paddletail, with pro cure anchob gel.nice fish! got the big kokes at 60ft all bucks holding by them selfs. they came on shasta sling blade in watermellen/uv and captain america humdinger with garlic gel.tons of trout and small kokes,on pro troll pink apex and wild thing dodgers. should only get better as the months come to us,good luck all sambo

S.S. Fireball
06-03-2009, 03:41 PM
Sambo,

Nice meeting you at Capell Saturday afternoon. Thanks for the report. Ours was similar, but we were targeting 45-55 never got quite down past that (I attribute that to my weak finder). We trolled mostly along the skier's cove area and out into the flats for a bit. Almost anything in pink for lure & watermelon or green for the dodger produced a fish for us. Hot setup was blue/green/orange watermelon dodger with pink hoochie with either koke special or krill/anise pro cure.

Here's a pic of our best catch on the day, caught outside of skiers cove about 300yds and about 50' deep:

http://www.kokaneefishingforum.com/fishing-forums/picture.php?albumid=97&pictureid=883
My brother, Frank

JD

sambo
06-03-2009, 09:26 PM
Nice meetin you to! nice salmon,look forward to talking with ya down the line!!!sambo