PDA

View Full Version : First kokanee try at Strawberry

dubob
07-28-2008, 07:57 PM
My bride and I went to Strawberry today to try for some kokanee. The day started off bad when I slept in until 6:00 AM. Granted, we are in Park City this week, but by the time we got lunch made, stopped for breakfast at the Hub in Heber, picked up the boat in Daniels, and got to the Soldier Creek launch, it was past 8:30 AM. So much for an early start. I’m not EVEN going to go into the fiasco of getting the boat launched and away.

We finally got started trolling about 10:00 AM. We hit all the likely spots on the Soldier Creek side and up into the narrows at least a mile. I put two lines down at 30 feet with every thing I could think of for 6 hours. I also put a long line out on the surface with at least a dozen different combinations. We got exactly zero hits in 6 hours. We marked a few fish between 20 and 30 feet, but never had a taker. My very first skunk day of the season.

There’s always tomorrow.

JIGGIT
07-29-2008, 04:48 PM
hit the mouth of the narrows on the sc side. fish deeper. 50 to 65. orange and pink are the hotter colors. apex,s and wedding rings.

Petty4life
07-29-2008, 06:05 PM
atleast you tried for them. the more time you put in chasing kokes the better kokefisherman you will become. ive had lots of skunk days but for every skunk i think its been rewared back 10 foldthumbsup

Lunkerhunter2
07-29-2008, 06:54 PM
Sounds like you need to come up with me and Kelly. We'll show ya some "spots".thumbsup