PDA

View Full Version : Crescent 5-29

fish-on-bend
05-31-2009, 10:48 AM
First off, howdy everyone. thumbsup Nice to see some familiar names on here. I went to Crescent this past Friday mainly to fish for macks. After 4 hours of nothing, I had lunch on the island with 2 of my nephews and a friend in 2 boats. After lunch we decided to give the kokanee a shot. We got easy limits trolling orange and green apex's down 75-85 feet in 100-115 feet of water off of the island. We had on orange fire corn and silver dodger on 1 side, watermelon on the other. Fish were fair size, 11-13 inches. Gonna do that again next weekend.

twisted lines
05-31-2009, 11:15 AM
Hello fish on, I talked to a guy yesterday at the fish cleaning station Odell, and he had some pretty nice Koks that came from Cresent, had there 10 early and was off odell cleaning a few more a little after noon. Another that did better then I.

SilverBullets
05-31-2009, 11:40 AM
Welcome aboard Joe...glad you decided to join up here. Like I said it's a great site, and alot of knowledgeable koke fishermen. Thanks for your report, sounded like you had a good time. We nailed em up at Paulina the other day on the Apex's also.

ImHooked
05-31-2009, 09:59 PM
I was up there with my son on 5-23 it started off quite slow but eventually picked up. We ended up limiting with a orange apex and a hammered brass wedding ring.thumbsupWe spoke with a number of people that had low numbers of fish in their boat.crymeariver I think that they gave up a bit too soon. We did most of our fishing near the Boy Scout camp.

I have a buddie that is staying up there all this week. He is reporting good daily catches. I think that I will have to take a vacation day and join him.

IH

Fallriverguy
06-01-2009, 11:26 AM
Hey Joe, good to see you. If the fish were bigger at Crescent it would be work the drive past Wickiup.

jzell
06-01-2009, 03:52 PM
Joe,

You gotta a lot of balls showing up here! tongue2

jz

SilverBullets
06-01-2009, 04:24 PM
Joe,

You gotta a lot of balls showing up here! tongue2

jz
Just to clarify...
jzell gave his balls to fish-on-bend and went with pancake weights...

twisted lines
06-01-2009, 11:14 PM
That means JZ dosen't have any! But I have to say I gave mine away as well.... TL

Kokanee Slow
06-01-2009, 11:43 PM
After feeding horses and dogs on somewhat of a schedule, headed for Crescent Lake today about 7:30. Got on the water about 9, mosquito's were thick on the shore. They don't have the ramp in place at Spring Creek Campground, so had to rough it. Then, they changed it up, and there was no place to park the truck and trailer, had to park the trailer in one place, and the truck in another??!!

Started trolling @ 8' along the SW shoreline in about 34 ft of water, using a pink wedding ring tipped w/Koke special scented corn and also a green wedding ring on the other side (both) behind a 4/0 dodger. Started getting hit right away, lost a couple. Ended up with 10 (limit) between the two of us by about 11:30. They were healthy Koke's, two @ 10.5 " and the rest at 12".

The weather was cloudy and a few boomer's but no lightning (that we saw). Calm wind, and water, a great day of fishing. No trophy's, so didn't take pictures. Will probably hit it again on Thursday.

jzell
06-01-2009, 11:51 PM
SB,

Don't be translating for these guys. They can read here and elsewhere on their own;)

jz

Troutski
06-02-2009, 02:26 AM
Nice to see you on the site, does Jennie know your playing over here?
I noticed they changed the name of the Trout forum...interesting...

Chuck

jzell
06-02-2009, 04:50 PM
Maybe we should send her a PM.....

saying how much more fun we have !!!

jz

ps...and we'll cc JustcallmeMODave