PDA

View Full Version : The Flame is HOT

Bduck
05-30-2009, 11:13 PM
Made a one day trip again to the Gorge. This time Petty found a spot in my boat. We had a great time. We launched out of Buckboard. Fish and Big Al also making rounds out there. We all got into Kokes. What a day. Petty & I must have caught 20 kokes. Used RMT in orange & pink colors. Had a funky frog dodger working for me. Petty was on the DR at 20 & 30 ft down and I was at 30 & 40 ft down. We brought home our limits with 2 fish weighing in at 3lb 9oz & 3lb 7oz @ 20 in. Other 4 fish close to 3lbs. Talked to a couple of other guys at fish cleaning station who caught 8 lakers in the 3-4lb range and 2 bows about the same weight class.In the first 2 pic's are Big Al in his boat, Fish in his boat.

redmanjr1
05-31-2009, 03:05 AM
Nice report Bduck. Looks like you guys had a blast. My plan was to head to Anderson today but the weather forecast was thunderstorms so decided to stay in the local area. Went to CJ Strike and fished for bass and crappie. Only caught a few but I think we'll try it again tomorrow. Mountain areas still forecasting thunder storms. Bummer because tomorrow will be my last day of fishing until at least August. Monday they do my right shoulder, two weeks after that they do my carpel tunnel on the same side. Guess I'll just have to read your reports and look at your pics in the mean time. You guys keep lighting it up out there.

Bob

SilverBullets
05-31-2009, 10:01 AM
Thanks for the report Bduck, sounds like you and Petty had a great time. The size of those kokes is amazing!!thumbsup

HiTechKoke
05-31-2009, 12:22 PM
Nice fish guys... that cleaning station reminds me of the trip last year! Hmmmm.

Bduck
05-31-2009, 03:15 PM
If any of you guys are thinking about coming out to the Gorge for your first time, you won't be disappointed. For those of you who don't have plans, make them. If you can afford to make this trip, you will have memories for a life time. Those of us that do go, some more often than others, like sharing their charished memories. With me going into the retirement mode soon, I wouldn't mind giving a thrill to someone(KFF member) who wants to fish the Gorge. Petty had an issue with his boat so he went fishing on the forum and found out I was heading up to the Gorge. He baited me. I took it hook, line & sinker. I enjoyed his company, we caught alot of fish. Thanks Petty, had a blast. Fish & Big Al provided entertainment over the air waves. A big thanks to them too. Don't forget about the challenge coming up June 27.

Stanson
05-31-2009, 04:38 PM
I would love to go to the Gorge and have some fun Catching those great looking Kok's, Im in California and it would cost me a lot of cash to get there and once you are there it's will cost you around 100 dollars a day to stay there so looks like a week trip would cost around 1,000 that is some very pricey koks I think I will just fish berryessa and some of the lakes within 100 miles were I live and besides I can catch 5 per day the limit at the gorge is only three. but some day when I hit the lottery it will be on my wish list of things to do.

Happy fishing to all of you gorge fans. maybe if gas come down to 1.00 a gallon i will make a trip. not much chance of that happening anytime soon

Petty4life
05-31-2009, 05:29 PM
WOW what a day of fishing good company and lots of very nice fish. couldnt ask for more. RMT cotton candy squid seamed to be the hot bit with almost any dodger

Elk Hunter
05-31-2009, 06:31 PM
Nice very nice, just 2 more weeks and we are on our way, keep'em in the mood guysthumbsup

Propnut69
05-31-2009, 08:25 PM
Nice report bduck,that's the way it's donethumbsup. Yes the gorge is hot right now,and hopefully it will only get better. My son and I were out today(sunday) boated 12,keep three the biggest was about 3 1/2 lbs and only fished from 7 til 1. Then the big black clouds move in and it was time to put the boat on the trailer.

Lundman
06-01-2009, 11:01 AM
Made a one day trip again to the Gorge

Hey Bduck great report --- just to let everyone know a one day trip involves driving time to buckboard which is most likely a 3 1/2 to 4 hour drive each way.

So that's 8 hours of driving time alone.
Is it worth it -- Hell YES!!! thumbsup

bobco
06-01-2009, 11:38 AM
I made a quick trip up for a little mac fishing Friday and Saturday, did ok but was hoping for a epic trip since my partner went 11 for 11 Thursday, 34, 31 being biggest and only 2 under 20. Had fun anyhow and managed a 24 and a pair of 20's. Talked to a couple of guys coming in Friday in a Trophy boat with Shasta stickers on it , they said they got 14 kokes in 2.5 hrs that nite, sounded like the kokes were hitting well. Sounds like I should have came up north and drug Fish off the kokes so he could give me some laker lessons :)

TrophyBoat
06-01-2009, 01:22 PM
hey bobco was that last friday the 22nd you were out?????

Bduck
06-01-2009, 01:37 PM
Hey Bduck great report --- just to let everyone know a one day trip involves driving time to buckboard which is most likely a 3 1/2 to 4 hour drive each way.

So that's 8 hours of driving time alone.
Is it worth it -- Hell YES!!! thumbsup Unfortunately there is alot of driving time involved. You F#$%^&-A its worth it , especially when you get into the fish. It takes me 2 vehicles to get all of camping stuff there now. It wouldn't so bad if fuel prices come back down. There will be more 1 dayers for me.

Big Al
06-01-2009, 01:44 PM
Boy was it a fun day. We ended up with 21 in the net. We would of caught more if Ash would stay away or his boy would get in the boat with me. The best one we caught was 3.9 . I still have not broke the 4# mark this year. Im going to try buckboard Saturday.

Kokaholic
06-01-2009, 02:00 PM
Sounds like things are warming up for a great year of Silver rocket fishing at the gorge! Great reports by all.

Hey Bduck, If you have an opening for a one dayer, let me know and I will do my best to fill that slot.worthy12

Bduck
06-01-2009, 02:22 PM
Sounds like things are warming up for a great year of Silver rocket fishing at the gorge! Great reports by all.

Hey Bduck, If you have an opening for a one dayer, let me know and I will do my best to fill that slot.worthy12 Not a problem. Petty will tell you there is competition in my boat for a seat. If you get up out of a seat, my dog will take it. laugh hyst I'm always looking for company to go with. I'll give a heads up next time.

Kokaholic
06-01-2009, 03:27 PM
Sounds goodthumbsup

Bduck
06-01-2009, 03:45 PM
Sounds goodthumbsup The next trip is the challenge for a few days. Next 1 dayer will be possibly Aug unless I get a spur in my ass and goe on the spur of the moment. I'll keep in touch and let ya know.

bobco
06-01-2009, 04:29 PM
hey bobco was that last friday the 22nd you were out?????yup, I would guess that was you at the dock Friday nite, now that I know who you are I will say hi next time :)

BROWNBAGGER
06-01-2009, 05:02 PM
I had a question....is the water starting to turn murkey? and if it isn't when do you think run off will effect the water color?

Propnut69
06-01-2009, 08:19 PM
I sure haven't noticed any murky water,but then I haven't fished any farther north then buckboard bay.

jacksonlaker
06-01-2009, 10:40 PM
Nice job guys. That's a great pic at the cleaning station. I have informed my wife she will be alone this weekend !!! See ya at the Gorge

Propnut69
06-01-2009, 11:59 PM
Kweell Tomthumbsup Glad to see ya going to make the trip down. I'm going to try to make it out one day during the weekend,if I do i will give you a holler.

CurlysLures
06-02-2009, 12:06 AM
Ill be there Thursday-Sun as well. Hope to see you guys out there

Bduck
06-02-2009, 03:20 AM
Sure wish I can go back out again this weekend. Once the fever sets in, there is only one way to cure it. Beer and fish.

FISH
06-02-2009, 12:53 PM
great times thx guys it was great meeting Bduck and allso great to school big al lol iam not sure how many we eneded with but it was twice as many as big al and thay were twice as big as his lol the next day was the same, as many kokes as you wanted but now all the weekend warriors are gone its laker time got 3 over 30 yesterday and a couple dinks in the 20's just another day on FG hopin to try the ling tonight if it dont storm cant wait to fish with you all again except for big al laugh hystjust kidin couse i will teach you how to catchem.

bobco
06-02-2009, 01:13 PM
great times thx guys it was great meeting Bduck and allso great to school big al lol iam not sure how many we eneded with but it was twice as many as big al and thay were twice as big as his lol the next day was the same, as many kokes as you wanted but now all the weekend warriors are gone its laker time got 3 over 30 yesterday and a couple dinks in the 20's just another day on FG hopin to try the ling tonight if it dont storm cant wait to fish with you all again except for big al laugh hystjust kidin couse i will teach you how to catchem.weekend warrior fencing fencing I sure wish that lake was on my front porch so I could go ruin some 30lbers day thumbsup thoose poor fish sure take a beating on the weekend, every hump from linwood to the pipeline had a boat on it Saturday.....

Big Al
06-02-2009, 02:06 PM
great times thx guys it was great meeting Bduck and allso great to school big al lol iam not sure how many we eneded with but it was twice as many as big al and thay were twice as big as his lol the next day was the same, as many kokes as you wanted but now all the weekend warriors are gone its laker time got 3 over 30 yesterday and a couple dinks in the 20's just another day on FG hopin to try the ling tonight if it dont storm cant wait to fish with you all again except for big al laugh hystjust kidin couse i will teach you how to catchem.

Teach me, you better teach your self how to swim. Next time I will put that big Lund on your lapfencing. Dont forget about that day in your back yard. I still remember that bloody nose you gave me when we was 10. laugh hyst Im not sure you didnt just keep putting the same fish back into the water so we all thought you was killing them over there. I will go get some lunch in town and I will hear the real storynananana

cliffg
06-02-2009, 04:15 PM
Bduck is right, the Flame is hot. I took his words and launched out of Buckboard this morning, (Tue) and was fishing by 6:30 am. Couldn't get all rods down before my brother picked up the first koke. And, from then on, it was pretty easy pickens. We C&R'd a few before before filling our limit by 9:30. Biggest was a healthy 20 incher. Our best depth seemed to be between 30 and 40 feet. Hoochies worked best for us.

jekern1015
06-03-2009, 03:39 AM
I will be there on sunday. Thought about launching from Anvil Draw, but after reading the reports I think we will launch from Buckboard.