PDA

View Full Version : Good Sunscreen for Fishing?

FishHunter
07-28-2008, 07:03 PM
Has anyone found a good sunscreen for fishermen?

I use it a lot and always wash my hands with soap and then Germ-ex them so that I don't get any of the scent or oil on my fishing gear. I am looking for something odorless or close to it.

dubob
07-28-2008, 07:53 PM
I don't use anything but Bull Frog SPF 36 Quick Gel. It dries instantly (almost), lasts all day, and is waterproof. I’ve been using it about 3 years now and buy it at Wal Mart. I have never detected any odor except when I first apply it. I also wash my hands with soap and water immediately after putting it on.

Propnut69
07-28-2008, 09:57 PM
I also use Bull Frog SPF 36,but I use the spray on. Works great really help to keep the scent of my hands.

Kokaholic
07-29-2008, 12:33 AM
Use whatever kind you like that fits your price range and all that stuff. I have watched a very well known, top notch Gorge guide and fisherman put on sunscreen, wipe it all over himself, pick up a fishing lure and rub it on that lure and catch one of the toughest fish on the gorge there is to catch. I would not have believed it had I not seen it myself. IT happened on more than one occasion also. worthy

jedburton
07-29-2008, 10:54 PM
In my humble opinion the spray on kind from copper tone works the best for me. It dries instantly and never runs in my eyes. I use anywhere from 30-70 spf depending on what I am doing. I also just plain like the convenience of just spraying and going instead of trying to rub it all over and not miss any spots,
jed

Grandpa D
07-29-2008, 11:24 PM
I have found that you can use any brand and then wash your hands in gas.
The smell of the sunscreen will be gone for hours! thumbsup

After applying sun screen, I wipe it off of my hands and then apply some Pro Cure to my lure and rub the extra into my hands to remove any scent.

3RivrFishr
06-13-2009, 01:55 PM
Okay, being an FNG here with a little time on my hands Ive been going through the archives and thought I would ressurect this one since its summer.

I have everyone to use plastic gloves when they apply sunscreen. I get them by the 100ct at the dollar store. That way you can use whatever sunscreen you want.

I dont really know if it repells fish but I'm not willing to do the research to find out!

Elk Hunter
06-13-2009, 02:05 PM
I'll 2nd the coppertone spray, no mess having to spread it around with your hands and seems to protect very well. I rinse my hands anways unless I am with VVBob and then I use his magic steel soapthumbsup

Fishintrippz
06-13-2009, 09:10 PM
Just curious, doesn't the spray on stuff hurt your eyes if you get it near them? I would love to know, my kids hate having sunscreen put on, and I tried one brand long ago and it hurt their eyes....

Thanks
Kendra

FishHunter
06-14-2009, 12:22 AM
Just curious, doesn't the spray on stuff hurt your eyes if you get it near them? I would love to know, my kids hate having sunscreen put on, and I tried one brand long ago and it hurt their eyes....

Thanks
Kendra

This year I bought sunscreen wipes for the kids. They are a lot like wet wipes and it is much easier to wipe their face and head with it than use the spray or even regular sunscreen that gets in their eyes.

Fishintrippz
06-14-2009, 12:37 AM
Thanks, I will have to try them :)