PDA

View Full Version : The pig 5/29

Kokehead
05-29-2009, 09:13 PM
Hit the pig today with my dad (GrandpaD) Got on the water at about 7:30 and proceeded to troll. We made a couple of loops around the whole res. to no avail. We where about to give up and call it a day when SLAM Fish on. A cute 10" koke. Got her released and the rigger back down and then a double.
This went on for about an hour and a half. We found two points that the kokes seem to be hanging out over and every time we buzzed over them doubles.
We boated over 20 kokes (biggest going 15") and a dozen or so LDRs. But like a light switch, they shut off. We made one last pass and I got wacked hard. After a great fight, boated a nice fat 26 1/2" brown that weighed in at 9 pounds. Thats no lie.
Most fish were caught on RMT dodgers and squids or Curlys lures. Fish where still shallow all kokes where caught at 12'
I'm trying to figure out how to get the pictures of the brown off my phone so I can post them.

Kokanee Killer
05-29-2009, 10:37 PM
nice brown in the pic ,, maan 9lbs 26in must of been faaaat. i love the way petty and you call the lake THE PIG lmao maybe someday i can go and fish the PIG with youworthy12

Bduck
05-29-2009, 10:37 PM
Way to go Kokehead. Nice brown. Maybe the pig is starting to pickup. Its always nice to know when your targeting one fish you get an added bonus. In this case a bigun. worthy12

SilverBullets
05-29-2009, 11:27 PM
Good to hear you and your Dad got into the fish Kokehead! This is probably a stupid question, but I have to ask after you guys keep mentioning it...what the heck is the "pig"? You know us out of towners...always asking questions!

Petty4life
05-29-2009, 11:31 PM
Good to hear you and your Dad got into the fish Kokehead! This is probably a stupid question, but I have to ask after you guys keep mentioning it...what the heck is the "pig"? You know us out of towners...always asking questions!

Porcupine = Quilpig = The Pig

Grandpa D
05-31-2009, 04:28 PM
Yes, we had a great day on the Pig.
One thing that Kelly forgot to mention was that he lowered his downrigger to about 30' to find the Brown.
He didn't even tell me until after we boated the brute.
After that the storm clouds showed up and we decided to head back home.
I can't wait to get back up there,

Dubob,
we never saw you up there.
Did you ever make it up?

dubob
06-01-2009, 04:47 PM
Dubob,
we never saw you up there.
Did you ever make it up?I did not. Kelly sent me a PM on Wednesday and asked if I wanted to go Friday. I PM'd him back with my cell number and told him to call me to set it up. He never called. :confused: That is not a place to launch my boat by myself and nobody else was available on short notice, so I ran some errands in the AM and went to Willard in the PM. Sounds like I missed a good day.

HookJaw
06-02-2009, 01:06 PM
Nice job Kelly
What's the story with the 4 pounder in the pic??? (Why does it say 4lb brown)