PDA

View Full Version : gorge 5/27

Propnut69
05-28-2009, 11:58 PM
We finally got a day with out rain, so I decide to hit the big water. Put in at Squaw hollow and ran, north to buckboard. Started fishing across from buckboard bay, Had just set the rod in the holder and turned around to get the other rod ready, when wham!!!!! Fish on. Fished big bend ,then motored on down the lake about 10am.At this time it had to be one of the best mornings I have ever had and it was only 10 am. Fished skunk cliffs and trolled down into ray’s cliffs.

The fishing was a lot slower here then it was when I was around big bend, the sun was higher now so light patterns had changed. Caught mostly 2lb fish there here. It was good to see these sophomore fish. They were full of fight and healthy. Moved on down to the ranch house. Found fish around the big point south of the ranch house. Nice fish here, managed to get a few from here. By now, it was about 2pm, the sky was blue, the sun felt good, and no WIND. You do not see many days on the gorge this time of year when the wind has not at least started to blow by this time.

Trolled over to the west side, and fished my way back towards the ramp at squaw hollow. I did catch a few smaller fish in the mouth of the coves on the west side. I glad to see the burbot have not eaten all of the baby kokes. Decided to put the boat on the trailer, about 4:30, with a big smile on my face. It was a great day to be on the gorge

I used RMT dodgers and squids all day. Hot dodgers were the big hyper-plaid, the watermelon, hype plaid pink,. the funky frog in kamikaze ,blue Bahama . The hot squids were cotton candy, hyper pink, chart /blood splatter, rainbow, uv pearlescent white with a pink float inside the body, and the caribbean squid. All of the kokes, came anywhere from 7 – 30 ft.

I did catch a bunch of small macks in 40 ft around buckboard. The biggest of the day went just a tad over 4lb. Water temps were about 57 when I started, then it was up to around 61 when I left. Kept the speed around 1.6-1,8 all day. The fishing is only going to get better now. The pics were taken about three ,was a good day.

Petty4life
05-29-2009, 12:02 AM
thats cool tim. thanks for the report