PDA

View Full Version : Second Rod Stamp...

Troutski
05-28-2009, 05:44 AM
Out of the people on this site which states allow a second rod per angler...?
I know Oregon doesn't; at least as of now...It is on the drawing board.

Chuck

Petty4life
05-28-2009, 09:32 AM
Utah allows a 2nd Rod with the purchase of a $15 permit

HiTechKoke
05-28-2009, 09:39 AM
California has a second rod stamp for an extra fee.

Petty - Is that new in Utah as of this year or has it always been that way?

Bduck
05-28-2009, 10:31 AM
Wyoming allows for a second rod, no permit. Only with a valid license or recpricol from Utah. http://gf.state.wy.us/downloads/pdf/fishregs.pdf Page 7 for methods of fishing

Petty4life
05-28-2009, 10:35 AM
California has a second rod stamp for an extra fee.

Petty - Is that new in Utah as of this year or has it always been that way?

always been that way

Grandpa D
05-28-2009, 10:59 AM
Utah has offered a second pole permitfor warm water fishing for years.
If there were trout in the water, you coundn't use the permit.
Only in the past couple years has the 2 pole permit been a general waters permit.

FishHunter
05-28-2009, 12:46 PM
Colorado also has a second rod stamp for $5.

coty449
05-28-2009, 01:21 PM
Idaho allows a second rod validation for $12

Fallriverguy
05-28-2009, 01:42 PM
Oregon is behind with regard to a second rod permit. Hopefully this can get granted for next year. One of the local biologists has moral issues around the concept of two rods. He also throws out enforcement issues as problematic. It appears we are actually one of few states that do not allow a second rod.

DLM
05-28-2009, 06:16 PM
I was fishing solo last Saturday and was thinking about this topic. As I sat there watching my inactive rod tip, I wondered what would I do if I had two rods out and a double strike while fishing alone. Not to hijack the thread, but someone out there has surely had this wonderful problem.....what do you do??? I assume you keep trolling and get the first one in as fast as possible then see if the other one is still on the line?

Flyguy55
05-28-2009, 10:07 PM
Its fun. I don't keep trolling . I take it out of gear . I don't use attractors and set a light drag or just the clicker on. I land one , and the other if its still hooked up.
I've tried continuing to troll and have more hooks pull outm more pressure on tender mouths . I troll pretty fast , cover a lot of area ,and that may be a factor.
I guess from reading the forums how others fish , I break a lot of rules.
I often put a foam plate over the side to mark where I hooked a fish .
Now I have to write " not trash , leave in the water please" or some kind soul thinks its litter :-)
After a couple passes I pick up the plate.

Troutski
05-29-2009, 03:44 AM
I was fishing solo last Saturday and was thinking about this topic. As I sat there watching my inactive rod tip, I wondered what would I do if I had two rods out and a double strike while fishing alone. Not to hijack the thread, but someone out there has surely had this wonderful problem.....what do you do??? I assume you keep trolling and get the first one in as fast as possible then see if the other one is still on the line?

I would love to have that problem, the only thing I see that would be a problem is getting the huge smile off my face while fighting two fish "at the same time". Hopefully with the economy in the tank the ODFW will see a cash cow and go for it, it's not like they don't have a few models to use as a template for their own rules..heck just look at all the states that have this in place. It must work just fine or we wouldn't be having this conversation. Thanks one and all for your input... I can only keep hope in my heart that the powers to be see the light.

Chuck

Troutski
07-09-2009, 04:47 AM
Well it appears that next year Oregon will finely allow two rods in lakes and res., for a small fee of $15.00 one can float a bobber and toss a spoon towards rising fish - legally. All it took was the bureaucrats to realize the money that they could they could rake in....my heart is starting to pound. I wonder if they would allow some advance practice at the art of using two rods...I mean I don't want to start off half a$$ed; one needs to work into this graduallytooexcited. Five months and counting, unless you count the practice rounds.

Chuck

MMDON
07-09-2009, 08:59 AM
Montana allows two rods as well. I love the fire drill of having both rods down and putting two fish in the net. thumbsup

The bummer is when you lose both of them. crymearivercrymearivercrymeariver