PDA

View Full Version : first trip

FISH
05-26-2009, 11:41 AM
this week has been an awsome week on the gorge with monster lakers every day and several over 30lbs.i was going to take a good friend from ogden out fro the lakers yesterday but with the unstable weather we baged it which as the day went on yesterday i think we made the write chose.so a very good life long friend came down with his 3 girls from ages 2-8 we desided around 10am it looked good and we would go try it ,we started on the lakers but with 4 kids mine and his 3 runin around the boat it was crazy ,i baged the lakeer huntin in about 10min lol. we headed north and looked for the kokes, we started out using koke killers which worked on the small kokes then soon went to the hyper plade crystal dodger in 5in with a pink uv splatter squid tiped with a meally and a dash of pro cure sweet corn, with in 10 min we had landed 3 fish 2 fat bows and one small koke. keep in mind these kids had never beein in a boat and have only caught cutts and brokes out of high mtn streams so this was a treat for them, thay would crank um in and braden would net. all in all thay did a great job we caught several fat kokes from 4lbs down to about 2lbs, thae water temp was around 54-55 and we fished depths of 15-40ft the better kokes all came out of 40ft, oh we got one on the top i was letin out my 40ft back and just getin ready to put it in the realease when a 3lb koke riped the line out of my finger tips and took off. we ended the day with 13 koke 2 bows and and bunch of smilling kids by 2 the storms were rolling in and we baged it and headed to the house to eat some fresh kokes it was a great time to take out children that dont get the chance to do what i take for granited every day made me realize how lucky iam to have this lake in my front yard.thumbsup

Kokehead
05-26-2009, 12:07 PM
Sounds like a great time Ash. Those are memories that they will never forget. We need to hook up again and put another dent on the ling population.

Big Al
05-26-2009, 12:20 PM
Its nice to see that you got out this weekend. Lets go out this Saturday

FISH
05-26-2009, 12:36 PM
we came by ur camp yesterday but you must have been takin a nap with moma lol.iam ordering mealys today do you want a couple thousand? kokehead iam up for a burbot fry bad i aint been out after them much but i will start soon enuf wackin away on the burbs if we could just keep this water temp up we will be spankin the kokes soon.the smallies are even startin to hit good.

Kokaholic
05-26-2009, 08:52 PM
You ar ethe man Fish. Cmon June! We will get the smack down goin on all species on our trip.thumbsup

halojm
05-27-2009, 07:25 AM
Nothin better than being able to put a smile o a kid face with a lot of catchin.
Way to go.thumbsup

ducksfresh
05-27-2009, 04:49 PM
I noticed Kokehead called you Ash. Would that be Ashley? Mr Fresh is asking.

FISH
05-27-2009, 07:24 PM
how the hell is Mr.Fresh great to see you on here.

ducksfresh
05-28-2009, 09:14 AM
I am doing OK. My first trip will be for 4 days June 5th thru the 9th. Squaw here we come.

FISH
05-28-2009, 09:23 AM
same spot as allways Mike? fishing is getin real good was goin to go out today but got to get my deertag and antelope tag sent off. you kn ow me the importont **** first.i will fish this after noon lol may try the ling tonight?

ducksfresh
05-29-2009, 01:20 PM
Hey Ashley,
We will be in the bay just south of the Squaw Hollow boat ramp.

Hope to see you.