PDA

View Full Version : fg 25th and 26th.

JIGGIT
07-27-2008, 11:03 PM
hit fg again for kokes. did good on sat but not many big fish. most 2 to 3 pounds. went back to the same spot today and stugled hard core. jared was killing them. the guys with him were liking the day for sure. asley and braiden were killing um. i was just sratching my head what the heck??? well after about 4 hrs we had 3 fish in the well. went past a lone boat of a small point as i saw him toss back a giant koke. ???? im thinking what the hell???? drove up close as he dropped again. bang! fish on. stopedand talked to him. great guy he gave us 3 spoons and we had er done! the fish were so thick from 50 to 30 some times would black out with fish. it was good to see all the guys.

TrophyBoat
07-28-2008, 12:35 AM
spoons have been lighting them up for us at at the gorge, where were you guys fishing when you finally got into them???? if you don't mind answering?? a 3 pound koke puts a hell of a smile on my face, maybe i am easy to please.

JIGGIT
07-28-2008, 11:03 AM
jigging with spoons. in 56 ft. acrossed from squaw. look for jigging going on.

FishHunter
07-28-2008, 12:52 PM
Good job Jiggit. Nice to see a fellow fisherman help you out with lures and a place to fish. When we were there 2 weeks ago, we couldn't locate any schools in that area. We tried to find them for 3 days, but couldn't locate them. We did alright trolling, but it sounds like I need to go again!!thumbsup

Warearewe??
07-28-2008, 11:31 PM
We also hit the gorge the 24th - 26 and had a great time catching kokes, we caught 30 fish each day could have caught more but went bass fishin the rest of the time lots of bass but no big ones

Ryno
07-29-2008, 07:02 PM
If you don't mind me asking, what are you guys using to vertical jig with? Would ice spoons like Buckshots work? I'll bet the put up a heck of fight on light rods like that.......

JIGGIT
07-30-2008, 05:02 PM
spoons. anything i think will work. as we left town another guy i ran into said he found some and banged some hogs with a 7 inch tube. drop whatever and piss them off.