PDA

View Full Version : porqupine 05-25

TrophyBoat
05-26-2009, 10:59 AM
fished porqupine on memorial day fished from sunup till one, only boated one koke by 11o clock, changed techniques and started trout fishing, ended up catching 4 browns, and 4 bows, with one going near 20". That was one of the better trout days i have had up there on soft water. sorry i didn't get any pics.

Kokehead
05-26-2009, 12:09 PM
Well at least you got into the trout. Thanks for the report Cody. How was the water conditions? Thinking of heading up there this week. Thanks for any info.

TrophyBoat
05-26-2009, 12:37 PM
The water was high and still coming in pretty good, lots of debris. Only marked a a few good schools,there was tons of small kokes surfacing like boils so i figure they are at the surface . just never found what they wanted. 56 degree surface water.
Tad too early, i think.

dubob
05-27-2009, 10:34 AM
I was thinking about going on the 25th as well. However, after thinking about the storms we had on Sunday and how all the roads and launch are dirt, I decided to go to East Canyon instead. Was it a mud bowl up there or did I misjudge it. We didn’t do all that well at East Canyon – two planters after 5 hours.

Also, I’m free Friday or Sunday for a trip up if anybody would like some company. We can use my boat (16 foot Targa) or yours. Pm or call me at 801-549-8199.

Grandpa D
05-28-2009, 04:15 PM
Dubob, My son and I will be at the Pig in the morning.
I hope you find someone to go with you.
Have you posted your offer on BFT yet?

Not sure what time we will be up there but we will watch for you.

I hope we can find some active Kokanee.
If not, the Trout will just have to keep up busy,
Dale.