PDA

View Full Version : Books on Kokanee fishing?

MartyM
05-25-2009, 11:35 PM
Anyone have any recommendations. Just thought I'd do some reading ahead of time, then save the really important questions for the forum. Otherwise I think I'd wear the members out with all the posts. Thanks and it's great to have all of you out there who are willing to help.

Kokanee Slow
05-25-2009, 11:56 PM
Dave Bizer wrote "Kokanee: A complete Guide" a few years ago, and it's still considered one of the most complete "how-to" books for Kokanee fishing. Good Luck and welcome to the Forum.

SilverBullets
05-26-2009, 09:39 AM
Welcome aboard! Kokanee Slow's recommendation is right on...Also, if you do a search for "kokanee books" there was a thread a while back on this. There really aren't many books on this subject other than Dave Biser's, but there are alot of different web sites where you can pick up information. Some of which are the tackle manufactures giveing tips. Please don't hesitate to ask questions here... everyone can benefit!thumbsup

MartyM
05-26-2009, 09:41 AM
I'll follow up on the Dave's book. I appreciate the help.

Kokanee Killer
05-26-2009, 11:13 PM
i have bisers book great book maybe we could convince him to update it though i think mine was written in 1994

redmanjr1
05-27-2009, 12:11 AM
MartyM,
Welcome to the site and don't be afraid to ask any questions, books or no books. There are many here that love to answer questions and this is probably the best Koke forum on the net. Here's the link to the thread Silver Bullets mentioned. There is not much out there but if you look you can find some good articles on the net. Dave Biser's book is probably the best book on the market. I've read it from cover to cover and its a great book. I just wish it would be updated (newest version is Aug 1998). Good luck.

Bob

http://www.kokaneefishingforum.com/fishing-forums/showthread.php?t=1723

HiTechKoke
05-27-2009, 03:09 AM
i have bisers book great book maybe we could convince him to update it though i think mine was written in 1994

Unfortunately that will be a bit tough as he passed away this last year which makes those books even harder to come by. Kokanee Power used to have them for sale at our derbies with his signature in them but the supply is now gone. It is a great book if you can find it.

Kevin

Full_Monte
05-27-2009, 09:38 AM
They are available on Amazon here:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_b_0_7?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=kokanee+fishing&sprefix=kokanee

Kokanee Killer
05-27-2009, 11:54 AM
Unfortunately that will be a bit tough as he passed away this last year which makes those books even harder to come by. Kokanee Power used to have them for sale at our derbies with his signature in them but the supply is now gone. It is a great book if you can find it.

Kevin
maan that i did not know,we then need maybe someone from this forum to finish the work.. i actually wore out the binding on my original copy of bisers book.