PDA

View Full Version : Flaming Gorge artical in Salmon,Trout and Steelheader

jacksonlaker
05-25-2009, 10:38 PM
There is a great story about the Gorge in the May issue of Salmon,Trout, and Steelheader magazine. It was written by a guy from Washington state who fished the Gorge for the first time. He spent the first day with Sokeyeslayer AKA Jared Johnson. Jared really got them into fish and as usual he shares his techniques. He spoke of using Berkeley Gulp maggots on the squid and they worked !! Although I hae not had any days liked the artical described ( 40 fish over 3lbs ) I know it is not B.S. There is one thing I question in a sidebar the author says they caught some 4 to 6 lb rainbows while Koke fishing. More like 2 to 3 lbs !! Anyway for all you guys that are planning to fish the Gorge this summer it will definetly get you pumped.

Kokaholic
05-25-2009, 11:15 PM
I have also read that article and it is a great read. It keeps your attention to the end.

Trophy Taker
05-26-2009, 12:15 AM
Just read it lastnight and must say I really like the way Bill Herzog writes, I suppose most of us that frequent the gorge really don't stop to realize just how good we have it. We will be back up there in a few more weeks chasing silvers...

Hooter Patrol
05-26-2009, 08:35 AM
I also read it great story,
Thats why I love the gorge so much,
It is truly a trophy fishery thumbsup

fishonlynch
05-27-2009, 06:13 PM
CONTACT US
Frank Amato Publications, Inc.
PO Box 82112 - Portland, OR 97282
800-541-9498 / (503) 653-8108

I can't find this magazine locally, you can call & get it for $5.00 . May issue, flaming gorge article.

Travis

SuperD
05-27-2009, 07:02 PM
While FG is a proven, better than fantastic fishery, I view these articles as nothing but advertising propaganda. I'm sure there are some elements of truth in the story. movie89586

Kokanee Kid
05-30-2009, 11:42 PM
Yep you boys down south got it good! And I think your first plant of kokanee came from up here! As far as Bill Herzog goes, he's a good writer. And a good kokanee fisherman. He fishes a local lake quite a bit and knows how to ger-r-dun. My biggest problem is getting in touch with the guy. I have even talked to the radio station he's on on Saturday mornings to try to get his email and give him mine. All I would like is to dialog with the dude about koke fishing. Maybe his head has gotten to big? Don't know, and may never find out.