PDA

View Full Version : Skunked

jekern1015
05-25-2009, 01:42 PM
We fished out of the Anvil draw launch ramp yesterday (5-24). We trolled north towards buckboard along the east shoreline and back to the river channel. We marked a lot of fish but no bites or near misses. We used everything I had,kripplure, serpent spoons, squids, assasins, z-ray, tripple teazers, all in various shades from green to pink,red, and chartruse. We used downriggers from 20' to 70' where ever we marked fish, and had planner boards which we think were somewhere between 15' and 20'. We fought the rain, the clouds, and the wind. Boat was covered in mud from making the trip down the dirt road into Anvil. We decided to call it a day after coming in for a break and seeing I had a flat tire, of course that is when the sun came out. I talked to one other boater who fished south from anvil chasing the mac's with the same results. Thanks again to the family that let me borrow a floor jack to change the tire. I can't wait for the get together so I can learn something. That's one heck of an expense for a skunk.

FishHunter
05-25-2009, 08:26 PM
I've had my fair share of days like that. A few years ago we fished three straight days with only one small mack to show for it. I attributed it to being early in the year and went back 6 weeks later and did great. Just keep hitting the water and things will start to pick up.

Hooter Patrol
05-25-2009, 08:41 PM
Hey jekern,
I also had my no fish days but when you do get in to them it is all worth it worthy12
I've been doing the best going down 10' to 15' and going back 150'
with the water temp. at 52* they are still spread out, give it another week or two and it should start picking up thumbsup
did the best on pink squid.