PDA

View Full Version : CJ Strike

redmanjr1
05-25-2009, 03:47 AM
Okay, for those familiar with this reservoir you know there are no kokes there but thought I'd post anyway as it was the first time our boat got wet this season. We wanted to try out the new downriggers in water closer to home (plus we didn't get to the lake until 3:00 PM) because I've never used down riggers before. So, decided to try our luck with rainbows in the narrows. Got everything setup and in the water in very good time. It was easier than I thought it was going to be (of course I've been reading on this subject for the better part of 6 months now). I think we only found 3 or 4 fish on the finder by the time we got to the end of the narrows and had only one bite that never stayed on the hook. Got to the end of the narrows near the Bruneau Arm when a very nice wind storm kicked up and it started spitting rain. Wind was bad enough that we decided to head back in, waves were getting ridicules. As I spun the boat around we saw another boat with 4 people that were waving at us. At first I thought they were trying to get us to come out of the wind in the small cove they were in but soon realized they were having trouble. Their boat wouldn't start and we ended towing them back to the launch. Of course when we were towing them in is when the fish finder started going nuts. So, it was a bust for fish but we were able to help someone out of a jam. Definitely not a wasted trip. I'll try and post some pics of the trip tomorrow.

Bob

Bduck
05-25-2009, 07:45 AM
From time to time people need help on a lake. And there are the times when they don't belong there. I helped tow a guy back to the launch, he was taking on water and couldn't get his engine running to well. It turns out he didn't put his bilge plug in and also he just bought the boat without a trial run demo first. He should have stayed near the launch area so he can weed out his problems not 2mi up the lake. Good luck with your DR's Bob.