PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Report (Banks Lake)

Big Bob
05-25-2009, 02:18 AM
Has anybody fished Banks Lake in Washington lately?

AgNO3
06-04-2009, 09:06 PM
I was at banks for three days over memorial day. Fishing was slooow. Granted, this was only my second time there, and they must have had the dam open all weekend because on monday the water level picked up and so did the fishing. Too little too late. We only managed a few small bass and 1 nice rainbow. I have no idea where the kokes and or landlocked chinook hang out. The lady running the bait store had never even heard of a kokanee or silver trout! I'm quite sure there in there though, 2 books of mine list them and FDR above the dam is renown for its big ones. I really like fishing this lake, but have only had luck with bows, bass and walleye.. If you get into them, I would love to hear about some locations and or techniques

AgNO3
06-30-2009, 07:29 PM
Ok heres the deal with Banks...All info is from a local but from my experience it seems quite valid. Banks has poor koke fishing. Its not just me, or the weather or water level. Wdfw just keeps dumping in the fry just to keep the bass and wallies fat and happy. I guess some of the millions survive, but the zoo plankton levels are low and unpredictable currents and wind keep them scattered. However north of the dam in FDR is supposed to be killer. I will be there 4 days over the holiday weekend and will test this idea. If anyone else has good experience with exact spots, lures or tactics I will be happy to test them for you