PDA

View Full Version : Using flashers (rotating) for Kokes

jacksonlaker
07-27-2008, 10:32 PM
If you guys read my Idaho forum report on Palisades I caught all the fish on a squid behind a 4" Pro-Troll flasher. This small flasher rotates slowly and gives great action to the squid. I never hear of any one using them so here are some pics. I have used the 8" flasher with sqiuds for macs, browns and rainbows. They do tend to twist your line. I dont believe the E-chip does anything and I'm not a Pro-Troll rep. It may just be one more thing for us Kokanee guys to buy!!

dubob
07-27-2008, 11:29 PM
I never hear of any one using them so here are some pics.

So where are the pics????

MackPrince
08-13-2008, 05:34 PM
I have great success with dodgers in the 4-4.5 inch range but have never used the pro-troll. They work well with spoons too. The key is to get them to wave not spin.

jacksonlaker
08-13-2008, 09:14 PM
These flashers are designed to rotate slowly when trolled. They are used mostly for salmon. Until recently, no one has made them small enough for Kokes. Hot-spot now makes a 6 incher. They are NOT dodgers...they have a totaly different action.

MackPrince
08-13-2008, 10:32 PM
I'll have to check out the rotating pro-trolls at my local fishing hole. I'm still among the few using a squid/dodger combo from what I am seeing on other boats lines and have experienced consistent catches in my few times out this year.

fishinotis
08-16-2008, 11:07 PM
I use the Dees Flasher--and for kokes i use the Double dees--u can check them out on the deesdiamond flasher website if u have not seen them-thx and good fishing...

FishHunter
08-17-2008, 07:52 PM
I have used the 8 inch Pro-troll flashers in the past for macks and browns, but have had very little success with them for kokanee. A friend of mine uses 11 inch flashers for kokanee fishing and does really well, but I have never had much success with anything that big. I try to stick to 3 to 5.5 inch dodgers for the kokes.