PDA

View Full Version : Odell Lake Report

Lip Ripper
05-22-2009, 10:45 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5-20-09
OK guys here is the report on Odell. A friend and I fished it on Monday from 7AM until 2 PM we caught 39 Kokanees. They weren't big only 9 and 10" but better than nothing. Then we went to Wickiup and caught 2 14" and 1 15" then it blew real hard and we couldn't find the fish. We went back to Odell Tuesday night and hit the water at 5:30 Wednesday. We camped at the Sunset camp ground and went down the lake off of Princes creek. We went right out in the middle of the lake and caught 49 Kokanees. Here's the trick cast into the jumpers with a 1/4 oz pink and white Gibbs Minnow. After it hits the water count to 10 and start pulling it back. Lift the rod tip up about 2 feet and drop it back down reeling up the slack. Every one that we caught they will hit it on the drop. Hope this helps good fishing. By the way we never used any bait. thumbsup

Bduck
05-22-2009, 10:52 AM
Good first report Lip Ripper. Welcome to the forum. thumbsup

SilverBullets
05-22-2009, 12:19 PM
Great report Lip Ripper, thanks for shareing! thumbsup I'm taking a drive up to Wickiup today to check it out and will try to fish it next week. Did you put in at Gull Point?

Lip Ripper
05-22-2009, 08:28 PM
Silver Bullets we went past the lava piles past Davis lake and took a right on the gravel road. We went about 2 miles and there is a nice camp ground, there is a big brown sign there on the left. We also caught them on a silver Apex with corn and a wedding ring with a green blade. Make sure you use a double hook, they are wild fish. thumbsup

Lip Ripper
05-25-2009, 01:29 PM
5-25-09
I hope you guys left me some fish. We are heading to Odell in the morning, and then to Wickiup if the wind isn't blowing. I hope my Gibbs Minnow will still catch them. I will give a report when I get back,in the mean time good fishing. thumbsup

Lip Ripper
05-29-2009, 12:26 AM
5-28-09
Two of us went to Odell on Tuesday and limited out casting that fish getting Gibbs Minnow. We didn't take any Red Bull, the fish were biting so fast we wouldn't have time to drink it any way. What a blast we had,we were 12 short of our limit today. Cast into the jumpers and you will be rewarded.thumbsup

Fallriverguy
05-29-2009, 11:47 AM
Nice. It sure is fun when they are biting like that. Are still they only 10"?

Lip Ripper
05-29-2009, 02:33 PM
They are still small 9 to 10'' some are 11" but very few. We found most of the fish 1/2 mile from the east end on the north side. thumbsup

twisted lines
05-31-2009, 11:23 AM
They are still small 9 to 10'' some are 11" but very few. We found most of the fish 1/2 mile from the east end on the north side. thumbsup

Thanks for the posts and I did try your method with some luck and tried a backtrolling method and had a little success with both, but I didn't stick with it for long, I also went to Wickiup and struggled with tough Fishing and Lot's of bugs but this is the size difference between the two. TL

Fallriverguy
06-01-2009, 11:24 AM
Hmmm, wonder where I will fish next?

twisted lines
06-02-2009, 10:23 PM
Hmmm, wonder where I will fish next?

Not me it will be way to the south! thumbsup