PDA

View Full Version : Ouch

DLM
05-21-2009, 11:52 PM
It hurts a lot more when the doctor takes out a #2 Gamakatsu DropShot hook from your finger than when a #2 Gamakatsu DropShot hook goes into your finger.crymeariver

Don't ask me how I know.........

Has anyone had any luck using barbless hooks on kokeslaugh hyst

Petty4life
05-21-2009, 11:58 PM
laugh hystlaugh hyst Sorry for laughing, but laugh hystlaugh hyst

BlackTalon
05-22-2009, 12:37 AM
I wonder if a few beers would have been helpful? I bet the bill from the doctor will hurt even more than that.

Evan

redmanjr1
05-22-2009, 03:16 AM
Ouch is right. Fish hooks and cat's claws, they hurt way more than they should (not sure why). Hope your finger is doing better.

Bob

DLM
05-22-2009, 08:15 AM
I wonder if a few beers would have been helpful? I bet the bill from the doctor will hurt even more than that.

Evan

I considered this but I thought it better if the Doctor did not have any beer.

dunnigan jim
05-22-2009, 09:19 AM
dlm I'd find a new doc. laugh hystlaugh hyst

SilverBullets
05-22-2009, 10:44 AM
Now that's what I call on the water testing! So in your opinion, do you think you got better penetration from the DropShot vs the Octopus style?laugh hyst

Bduck
05-22-2009, 10:46 AM
AAAHHH, Fishing wounds. That calls for a shot of whiskey. Got to keep it disinfected. worthy12 laugh hyst

Lundman
05-22-2009, 10:56 AM
Here's little picture of a friend of mine when he dropped a crankbait that had a jack salmon on it and tried to catch it - notice that two the the hooks on the treble hook have been cutoff. And pain pills were the only thing that provided relief. stomper

DLM
05-22-2009, 01:19 PM
Now that's what I call on the water testing! So in your opinion, do you think you got better penetration from the DropShot vs the Octopus style?laugh hyst

Water testing in the driveway! I don't know about penetration but I can now see why the dropshot lands more fish than the octopus.

The doctor, who had just spent last weekend fishing for Macks at Cultus, showed no mercy. He injected some kind of numbing stuff in my finger then within 2 seconds grabbed his hemostats (thats pliers to us mortals) turned to me and said, "Do you want to pull it out or should I ?" I asked him if he was not going to wait until my finger lost feeling first and he muttered something about it being close enough. He then grabbed the hook, and twisted it back out. Man that hurt. Within a minute the end of my finger was completely dead and there was no pain at all. I wish he would have waited that minute before yanking the dang thing out.

He did give me some painkiller (vicadin no less) but I have not needed it.

SilverBullets
05-22-2009, 01:38 PM
In the driveway? Testing the lures BEFORE you get on the water...what a concept!thumbsup A few years back I got hooked by a treble in the finger. I guess I was lucky it was a cold day...didn't hurt too much when I cut the hook off and pushed it through to the other side of my finger to extract. I'm alot more careful now when dealing with fish with a lure attached!laugh hyst

DLM
05-22-2009, 04:16 PM
I was trolling for stray cats.

SmokeOnTheWater
05-22-2009, 08:02 PM
Try a net next time! Most boats I see on the water have atleast one on board. stomper

BlackTalon
05-22-2009, 08:13 PM
If you find a way of actually catching those stray cats please post a report. My technique is not as effective as I would like.

Evan