PDA

View Full Version : O'Dell ...first trip of the year

Troutski
05-21-2009, 11:21 AM
The fish are still deep some top water action but the fish are still on the small size, the water temp was 39degrees in the east part of the lake. But the closer you got to Shelter Cove the water temp made it to 54degrees. 5 Fish in a 6 hour day and the largest was 11". Mostly trolling small spoons far behind the boat (150'+-) and slow - very slow.
Seems to be a bit early still.
Gonna try Green Peter next; the water temp is reaching the magic temp...just have to keep my rods crossed. Moon should be right..

Chuck

Fallriverguy
05-21-2009, 01:11 PM
Thanks for the report chuck and good job on the fish.

eric71m
05-26-2009, 10:45 AM
Wife and I were at Odell from 5-21 to 5-25, managed to bring home 113 fish in all... Trollers were not really catching. Cast to the jumpers and jig and retrieve... I was a troller and now have converted to jigging. Many cast jiggers did better than we did and some did worse than we did... just follow the jumpers... Pink and white gibbs minnows 1/4oz or 1/2 oz, depending on the wind conditions, or the hot fire pink gibbs minnow...

SilverBullets
05-26-2009, 04:53 PM
Thanks for a great report! I just got into jigging last season. I like trolling better, but when the bite is off it's nice to have another option to put kokes in the boat! Heading up to Paulina tomorrow. thumbsup