PDA

View Full Version : Palisades Kokanee 7/27

jacksonlaker
07-27-2008, 09:58 PM
This is my first post on KFF and the first time I have ever tried fishing for Kokes on Palisades. We found fish right away in Big Elk Creek, but could not find what they wanted. I threw all the usual pink FG stuff at them and managed only 1 cutty. We changed spots and then came back to Big Elk with new tactics. We finaly started catching fish around 10:00 ( go figure!) on a RMT white squid behind a white 4" Pro-Troll flasher. All the Kokes came on this set-up. We landed 4 and lost a few more. We also caught some Browns on an 8" Pro-Troll flasher with a custom tied squid/spinner. I could not find any info on Kokanee fishing on this lake so it was fun to figure it out and actualy catch some fish!

TrophyBoat
07-28-2008, 12:44 AM
that is awesome, my uncle from preston has been bugging us to go up there but of course we made him go to the gorge for an easy catch, we are going go there before they go into full spawn and hopefully we can put a few on the boat like you guys. thanks for the update. those idaho guys are quiet, but i understand........................................ ....