PDA

View Full Version : Huntington Lake, CA????

mightyminnow86
05-19-2009, 10:24 PM
So i Fished Huntington lake last year for the first time in August did well with near limits of about 15in koks the few times that i went. I am just wondering if anyone has any info/experience on what month in the summer you can start fishin with a little consistency prior to August. I normally fish Shaver but noticed there was a lot less recreational boat traffic with mainly only sail boats and really enjoyed it. Appreciate any info!!!

chigger22
05-20-2009, 09:05 PM
86, I was up at Huntington last Saturday with my smaller boat thinking the launch maybe tough. Not a problem for big boats plenty of water and about 10 boats on the water. Was very suprised that many since Shaver is on fire. I ran around the edge and into the coves dragging a throphy stick looking for the hungry browns but nothing. Changed over to spinners and sling blades caught a couple of nice bows and I hand a real nice koke that came un-buttoned at the boat. Huntington is a nice lake to spend the day for sure I my spend the morning on Friday there in finish the day at Shaver.
Good luck to you tight lines
Doug