PDA

View Full Version : Gorge Report 5/17/09

Ryno
05-19-2009, 12:04 PM
Hit the Gorge Sunday morning, later than I wanted, but it didn't appear to matter. Fishing was good near Jarvies.

While targeting kokes, I quickly caught my limit (3 kokes and a bow), using dodgers (pink/green and hyperplaid) and squids (double glow Carribean and pink) trolling at 25-35ft and about 2.0mph. While trolling for kokes, I graphed a lot of deep fish (>50ft), so I switched tactics for lake trout. Using some larger spoons in rainbow colors, I trolled up a couple of pups plus 2 more kokes from 50-60ft. Funny how some days you just can't keep the kokes off, even when you're trying to avoid them.

After graphing a few large schools of lake trout suspended off the bottom at 75ft over 100ft+, I decided to stop and do some jigging. I caught 4 more lake trout (up to 18in) jigging with Berkley minnows, before calling it a day at 11AM. Water temps were 50-56F.

Hope it helps, Ryno

Bduck
05-19-2009, 01:35 PM
Right on Ryno. Sounds like the Gorge is doing well especially after the pressure of a derby. Great report. I need to make sure I hit up Jarvies. I'm always seeing that place in reports. thumbsup

CurlysLures
05-20-2009, 12:33 PM
We fished Friday with Petty and then my brother my dad and myself fished the derby. Fishing started off slow Friday but by Sunday had picked up considerably. We fished everywhere from Buckboard South to Pipeline. Our most Success was found at Anvil Draw NorthWest end. We trolled about a 150 yard radius constantly and bites were constant. We only caught 1 fish that was weighable but he was still way too small to place in the derby. All the fish were about the same size 14-17 inches.
It was good to hit the water with Petty and finally get to meet up with Team RMT. Headin up again this weekend report to follow.
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p100/livdawg44/IMG_2666.jpg