PDA

View Full Version : American Lake Report

Kokefly
05-18-2009, 09:09 PM
Went out Saturday, on the water at 530am, surface temp 56, caught one small rainbow with a triple teazer brass/red baited with pink Berkeley maggots. No Kokes, but i marked lots of big schools from 20-40 feet. Not a lot of fish being caught that i could see. Going back out this friday. Jim

IssaquahBob
07-01-2009, 09:48 PM
Kokefly, I'm up in Issaquah and new to the koke scene. I'm wanting to try American Lake but know very little about it. Where do you launch? Have you been out there lately? Bob

MackPrince
07-01-2009, 10:20 PM
Thanks for the report Kokefly. I hope to hear good things following the holiday weekend.
-Mack

Kokefly
07-02-2009, 10:53 AM
There is a WDFW boat launch off I-5 its free and you just need your parking pass that you get with your license. I can't remember the exit but is by Fort Lewis. If you go make sure you get there early like 5am and fish by the VA hospital it will be on the west side of the lake and there is a island called silcox fish in between those two places the depth ranges from 100+ feet and down, just look for the fish on your sounder and adjust as needed. Just about any lure will work as well as corn or maggots. Good fishing.......Jim