PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Villa Fishing Derby Results / Reports.

fishonlynch
05-18-2009, 07:40 PM
2009 Villa Fishing Derby Results / Reports.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3629/3544330220_a33dd6e8e4.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3591/3544645456_6fe0f02a21_o.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3629/3544330220_75b5707b99_o.jpg

My report & pictures coming soon. Fishonlynch.........

Hooter Patrol
05-20-2009, 12:52 PM
What a great derby,
Lots of fish just not the big one, all the kokanee we stuck was in the 3# rang good eating stuff thumbsup
The Villa done a great job again thanks guys for all you do to put it on worthy12
Also thanks to all the sponsors for everything they do also, worthy12

Petty4life
05-21-2009, 10:19 AM
well here is my report for the weekend, fished 4 out of 5 days and the first 3 days we couldn't have asked for better weather. Friday i fished with the curly lures crew and caught a few but really had to work for what we got. Saturday i fished with FISH went after macks early then chased the kokes got to meet big Al while i was out there. caught kokes but not the bigguns. Sunday i was fishing with the curly lures guys again just driving the boat ad netting the fish cause i wasn't in the derby. came home Sunday after non, got everything cleaned up then headed back up Monday evening to fish with propnut. Fished Tuesday with propnut we got some nice kokes bt had to work hard to get them. fish finder transducer decided to go tits up so we where fishing blind but still managed, did try a new method of bleeding out the kokes, catch them bonk them on the head and fillet them right there and put them on ice. had a great time all 4 days. i think i will go chase some wipers today just to give the kokes a break...

Bduck
05-21-2009, 10:52 AM
Glad see you made out Jason. You know the biguns are waiting for us at the Gorge for the challenge. Can't wait. Sounds like you had a great time.

FishonlynchSr
05-21-2009, 11:55 AM
Had a great time fishing the gorge/villa derby! Couldn't have asked for better weather. We fished, mostly north of Buckboard. Only caught 5 kokes, 5 rainbows, and a ton of small Macks. It was good to talk to friends. Thanks to the Villa people for putting on a great derby!

I'm looking forward to the Buckboard derby, and hopefully we will get up there before then.

Propnut69
05-21-2009, 01:46 PM
I kept telling Jason ,that since I'm such a gracious host i would let him out fish melaugh hyst . Jason and I had a good time spent most of the day trying to hide from the wind.Then the transducer on my finder went belly up,but hopefully i will have a new ducer by the weekend. The fishing is really going to take off here soon,and hopefully the bigger ones will want to play. Ole Jason made short work on turning them kokes into some nice looking fillets.

halojm
05-21-2009, 06:28 PM
Glad to see you two hook into some fish. Jason is awsome when comes to the fillet knife. He knows the quicker he fillets them the quicker they become dinner. Sorry to hear about the transducer but at least it's replacable. I was hoping to get up there this weekend also but had to call Kris and cancel the slip for the weekend. I was handed a large honey do list to complete before I head to Korea in a week. Tried to tell her those things would still be there when I get back. Now I have a sore neck and shoulder. Probably couldn't real fish in to well until I heal anyway. But I'll be back as quickly as I can. . . . or as soon as the queen lets me.worthy12

Petty4life
05-22-2009, 02:16 PM
here is some pics from last friday.

nofish
05-23-2009, 12:31 PM
The Villa did a great job, and a big thanks go out to all the good people that sponsored it. As for the fishing we went after the lake trout and I must say we had a damn hard time one bite and it came at 5:00 p.m. turned out to be a 32 lder. As for Sunday it was game on we hit 6 macks and a few bows. We had a great time, it was good to see a lot of old faces and to meet some new ones.

KokaneeReaper77
05-24-2009, 05:23 PM
I have noticed a big difference in table fair after bleeding and iceing my catch bows included it does make a difference I don't fillet them on the water but i do some times gut them if we are planning an all day trip if i do they go into zip locks so the meat doesn't get mushy by coming in contact with the melted ice