PDA

View Full Version : 5/16 Causey Koke

HookJaw
05-18-2009, 09:18 AM
Landed this nice 19 incher on Saturday evening. The water is still a bit murky, but fishin should pick up as it clears up. I have a feeling Causey is going to be awesome this year. With a 19 incher this early, I think there are going to be some bigguns coming out this year.

Petty4life
05-18-2009, 09:56 AM
Nice job Matt. looks like the causey of old might be coming back.thumbsup

Kokehead
05-18-2009, 01:17 PM
Good on ya Matt. I plan on hitting the pond here in a week or two. Nice pic. The kokes should be in the peak of their cycle this year as well as the gorge.

mzshooter
05-20-2009, 09:27 AM
Good job matt, that's a nice fish!! I have never fished up their, how easy is it to find a place to launch a boat?

Bduck
05-20-2009, 10:28 AM
Good job matt, that's a nice fish!! I have never fished up their, how easy is it to find a place to launch a boat? The only boat you can launch is what you can carry down to the water. No boat launches at Causey.

HookJaw
05-20-2009, 12:26 PM
Right now is the best time to get a boat in there as it is only about 30 feet from the road to the lake. Later in the year when the lake is lower, it sucks trying to get a little boat in there. I fish out of a Scanoe. It's a canoe with a flat back to mount a motor on. These little scanoes work great for Causey and are very stable. I put a 4hp Evinrude on mine and my friend has a 6hp Johnson on his. We have fished Causey for a long time and that's the best way we have found to get into them kokes. Dragging a little aluminum boat isn't too bad from the skull crack side, but it's really muddy and slippery trying to get down to the water.
You can also try jigging for them out of a pontoon or Float Tube, I think Kokehead is the guy to talk to if you want to go that route. Should be a great year. thumbsup

Bearclaw
05-20-2009, 04:02 PM
Way to go Matt. Nice signature by the way.thumbsup

mzshooter
05-21-2009, 09:07 AM
Thanks for the info everyone!