PDA

View Full Version : flaming gorge 05-16-09

TrophyBoat
05-16-2009, 10:43 PM
Me and my dad bombed up to the gorge this morning for fun fishing.. On the water at 730, double hooked up on first two fish around 8 oclock, got rods back down made another pass through, bam, bam, bam, triple hook up fiasco. i started to get excited but that was about the end of it. ended up fishing till 330 and boated a total of 8 kokes and 1 bow. kokes were 19" and below. crap loads of boats out fishing the villa derby. Only seen two other fish get caught. i did hear on the radio someone in the derby caught a 4# koke though. kept a mans limit for the barby.

dunnigan jim
05-17-2009, 01:29 AM
TB WTG Great looking Bow thumbsup and bullets. Is that a 5600ws abu I see on the rod??

AFDan52
05-17-2009, 12:56 PM
Hey TrophyBoat, nice catch man. The water looks Glasslike . I just heard from my Brother -in- law and he had a Boatload of problems. Water in main engine oil fishfinder crapped out on him . Not a happy camper this weekend. Glad you guys did alright.

TrophyBoat
05-17-2009, 03:10 PM
Yeah it was an awesome day, almost glass the whole time but it wasn't too hot fishing. talked to a buddy at about 11am today and they had only boated 3 fish at that point, not too good. boat problems suck!!!!!

Bduck
05-17-2009, 06:33 PM
TrophyBoat WTG. Awesome catch. I see a pink squid, is that the main menu for the catch? Good job, man.

TrophyBoat
05-17-2009, 11:14 PM
look very closely at that pink squid, it has a clear lip on it. (kinda like a crankbait) makes the squid have much need more action. it is Shasta tackles new " pee wee wiggle hoochie". The majority of the fish fell victim to it behind a UV sling blade. Dunnigan jim, those are the 5600 c4's, all 4 rigger rods are equipped with those.