PDA

View Full Version : Website postings

dunnigan jim
05-15-2009, 09:21 AM
I see that someone posted 50 responces to different postings that have NOTHING to do with the post. They did this to post their website . My opinnion is that this a fishing forum info site. Maybe I didn't get enuff sleep last nite and it's making me a grouch. I'll go to bed earlier tonite laugh hyst

SuperD
05-15-2009, 11:26 AM
Jim, I think what's really bothering you is the fact that a few more posts and he'll pass you up. laugh hystlaugh hyst

dunnigan jim
05-15-2009, 06:57 PM
Dave I didn't join this site to get the most post.. Just thought it was stange that someone had nothing better to do then to put up stupid posts on a fishing forum.. I look forward to the fishing info on here and to read the post that all the true members have to say.. Like I said I needed more then 3hrs sleep.

Kokanee Slow
05-16-2009, 10:03 AM
I agree, if someone is just using the forum as a captive audience to attract attention to their own commercial interests, that's in appropriate. They should be honest and advertise in an appropriate manner and pay for it.

HiTechKoke
05-16-2009, 11:43 PM
Keep in mind that once Spammers get in through automated methods or even manually they typically use automated scripts to blast a site with posts. I saw them come through on quite a number via email as I have my profile settings setup to email me when a thread is replied to that I either subscribe or participate in. Since I use mobile mail a lot on the phone it keeps me in touch with replies and also when we get spammed.

Somebody banned the last one just before I got in to take them out.

Kevin

Petty4life
05-18-2009, 10:19 AM
Best thing to do when you see post like that is not respondto them. they get deleted and then your post makes no since. When i delete a spammers post i only delete one and the programing of the site zapps all there posts. fencing