PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried oregon for fishing KOKES

starcraftfishmaster
07-26-2008, 07:20 PM
I maybe heading to Rouge River to catch KING Salmon this fall and trying to figure out the best way to drive. I have a tent,boat,truck

Lunkerhunter2
08-18-2008, 05:44 PM
My uncle lives on the Willamett river and the koke fishing in his area has been good lately. They are using RMT gear and Don Martins Thin Twin blades with a hook and corn.

Sportfishinsteve
08-19-2008, 04:57 PM
I drive up to Oregon a lot and the best way I've found to get into that lower West Coast area is to drive over to Winnemucca. I usually stay there overnight thumbsup
You then go North on 95 to the cutoff for 140 going to Denio. Stay on 140 all the way to Klamath Falls and over to Central Point. Go North on I 5 to Grants Pass. Take 595 over the mountain to Gold Beach.
Usually great fishing there for Kings. Good luck tongue2

twisted lines
01-18-2009, 07:19 PM
I drive up to Oregon a lot and the best way I've found to get into that lower West Coast area is to drive over to Winnemucca. I usually stay there overnight thumbsup
You then go North on 95 to the cutoff for 140 going to Denio. Stay on 140 all the way to Klamath Falls and over to Central Point. Go North on I 5 to Grants Pass. Take 595 over the mountain to Gold Beach.
Usually great fishing there for Kings. Good luck tongue2

thumbsup That is the way I would do it. But I live in Klamath Falls! Hope your travels went well if you have already made them! I do chase the little silver devils but have to travel from here to do it. The most common kokanee are in central Oregon and most if not all should be considered very small. Two of my friends are guides on the Rogue River and it is a nice place to spend some time, Jet boat rides there are a blast and the dinner trip has some pretty good food to. This does pertain to Coho / Chinook No Kokanee on the Rogue!