PDA

View Full Version : Berryessa 5/9 - 5/10

S.S. Fireball
05-08-2009, 02:22 PM
Is there anyone from the board heading to Berryessa this weekend? If the stars align correctly, I will be heading up and launching Saturday evening & pulling out of the water mid-day Sunday to be home in time for Mother's Day dinner.

Can anyone tell me what channel most people use for their VHF radio's? I seem to recall it's usually 67 but can someone confirm for me please?

Tight lines.

JD

dunnigan jim
05-08-2009, 06:26 PM
fireball I'll be there sat am early . channel 69 on the lake . good luck

S.S. Fireball
05-08-2009, 08:35 PM
Thanks dunnigan, same to you. Be sure and post some pictures.

vvBob
05-08-2009, 11:48 PM
Friday 5/8
41' Pink RMT hoochie spinner, Seps Rainbow Trout Dodger @ 1.5mph

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z145/vvbob/316SMay709small.jpg

Koke Machine
05-11-2009, 12:50 AM
Here are a couple of pictures from our trip on Sat. 5/9

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh2/kokemachine/050909009_Resiz.jpg

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh2/kokemachine/050909011_Resize.jpg

These fish were caught at Lake Berryessa. We stayed pretty much on the East side of the BIG Island.

Robbie (Koke Machine)...

dunnigan jim
05-11-2009, 04:31 AM
Robbie nice limit of berry kokes. We had our limit by 12:30 8 kokes 2 trout . The kokes we got went from 14 to 17 1/2. We stayed at skiers and when the fleet joined you we went out to 139' of water and had a couple doubles. caught then down at 48 and 55 used pink then the last 3 on green spinners w/silver/gold large wildthing type dodgers.

Fallriverguy
05-11-2009, 11:31 AM
Wow, nice fish!

redmanjr1
05-11-2009, 11:30 PM
Nice job Robbie! thumbsup

Bduck
05-12-2009, 11:21 AM
Grrrrrreat catch Rob. worthy12

S.S. Fireball
05-12-2009, 04:29 PM
Well great input guys and nice fish. I was on my own and struggled to get any fish on the boat. I landed two trout for my efforts with about a dozen hookups. I lost at least three fish to a bad drag on a brand new reel, so needless to say that's going back to the store.

I started in the cove at about 6:30am and then went out to deeper water when the crowds came because I didn't want to make any miscues without someone on look out while I rigged. Came back to skiers around noon and had a double right outside of the cove but one came to the surface right away and was gone in a flash and the other was not far behind! The jet skiers & a few boats were there before I could get set and circle back through so I called it a day not long after that.

I was using assorted silver/green or silver/pink and watermelon dodgers mainly with kok-a-nuts in tow. Tried a number of scents including corn & kokanee special, but none seemed to be consistent. Perhaps I wasn't quite deep enough I was tracking fish at 25-35 and focused mainly on that depth.

I was having battery issues or I would have kept my radio on more. Can't wait to get out there again! The full moon setting at sunrise was a sight to behold.

Koke Machine
05-12-2009, 11:28 PM
S.S. Fireball: If you were after kokes, you weren't deep enough!!! Maybe early morning at 35' was ok. But later in the day, we caught them as deep as 50'. The best depths on Sat. were in the 40' to 45' range. Good luck on your next trip.

Robbie (Koke Machine)...

Old School
05-14-2009, 03:48 PM
Nice reports guys,

Robbie,
Nice fish...I saw you from distance on sat I think. Tough day early for me, but finished with limit, but my buddy 0. No monsters, but 3 were 14.5. Only ran pink, and krill was working for me. I started off at 30 to 40, and didn't get my kokes till I finally put it down to 50. The weather was phenominal.

Dang those fish are tasty. My taste buds say Berry has one up on Pardee taste wise. Its a tough call though. Never tasted Melones koke though.

My wife has to work this weekend and the baby is with me or I'd be out there. I love my son to death and hes tons of fun, but the kokes are bitting and my wife doesn't want me taking him out by ourselves on my tiny boat. Drats! This is my augument for needing a bigger boat...so the baby (1.5 year old boy and climbing and into everything) can go and will be safe or safely contained that is. We'll see how it goes.

Old School

Koke Machine
05-15-2009, 09:53 PM
Old School: I have found out that when i use the Krill scents, i usually catch a lot of trout. That's why i don't use it. Berryessa Kokes like a lot of Garlic, Carp Spit and Anise. I actually out grew my 14' Alum. and When the kids left. I got my self a NR. 17' 6" and it fits in the garage. Good luck on the new boat, Soon... Take care of the little ones, before you know it, he will be right next to you!!! Good luck and hope to see you on the water!!!

Robbie (Koke Machine)...