PDA

View Full Version : New to KFF...

Troutski
05-08-2009, 07:40 AM
To start with I would like to thank Silver Bullets for recommending this forum, I enjoy chasing these wild fighting speeding bullets almost as much as I do Trout. My main pray is Trout but we have a very nice population of Koke's in my area, within 1 hour of my garage there are a hand full of lakes with naturally reproducing fish...I must admit I had a special rod made just for Koke's last year and it has made me a much better catcher of these baby screamers. I have had my days of Salmon angling and now my focus is on Koke's and Trout of all types. After adding a downrigger to my craft it has improved my catch rate exponentially, most of my lures are hand made and are designed after the lures for the larger Salmon, just miniature...very miniature.
I have been to B.C. and caught some very nice and healthy Koke's, one lake in particular produces very large and acrobatic fish...it is in south east B.C. kind of out of the way and I try to return at least once a year. The lake is called Upper Arrow, called the headwaters of the Columbia river...also the home to Giant Garrard Rainbow Trout and Dolly Varden. This lake has such a population of Dolly Varden one can catch and eat...something about tasting a fish that in my state can only be looked at and and released. I thought I would post a couple of pictures to get the drool going and maybe a reply...
I look forward to joining in and becoming a very active member...

Chuck

Petty4life
05-08-2009, 08:45 AM
welcome to the sitethumbsup

dunnigan jim
05-08-2009, 08:59 AM
WELCOME TROUTSKI You're going to get hooked on kokes here

Fallriverguy
05-08-2009, 11:45 AM
Good to see you on this forum Troutski. He is a good guy.

Bduck
05-08-2009, 11:49 AM
A big welcome for Troutski. Already like your first post. thumbsup

S.S. Fireball
05-08-2009, 01:28 PM
Chuck those are some great pictures thanks for posting and welcome to the board!

SilverBullets
05-09-2009, 12:12 AM
Welcome aboard Troutski! I think your going to enjoy it here...great bunch of guys. Will be looking forward to your posts and reports. thumbsup

halojm
05-09-2009, 09:15 PM
Welcome. Look forward to reading your reports and seeing some of those fish from the northwest.

Kokaholic
05-10-2009, 12:16 AM
Welcome aboard Troutski. Hope you find the place to your likeing!

redmanjr1
05-10-2009, 01:51 AM
Welcome aboard Troutski! Nice fish pics you posted. I think you'll like this forum.

Bob

crjahn
05-10-2009, 11:28 AM
Welcome aboard Troutski You sound like a man after my own heart, neat story about Upper Arrow Lake may you return for many years to come. FISH ON!!!!! Chester

Troutski
05-11-2009, 06:06 PM
Thank you all for the warm welcome, this place does seem like the type of place to share and keep informed on the hot spots ...again thanks for the welcome.

Chuck