PDA

View Full Version : Mussels

Bduck
05-07-2009, 12:30 PM
Utah now has a growing list. While states are trying to dig deep into our pockets to combat this situation, another lake will spring up infested. Lets keep giving because thats what they want. I foresee a vessel registration fee annually. Once they get this money, what do they have show for it? Most lakes will be infested by then. This article was taken from the Ogden, Ut. newspaper 2 days ago.

SmokeOnTheWater
05-07-2009, 11:20 PM
Yeah - This was on FOX News Monday afternoon. I'm afraid it's just a matter of time till mankind screws something else up for all eternity. Our monies will likely support the construction of large decontamination bath tubs at each lake that we'll have to launch there prior to launching in the actual lake.

Full_Monte
05-08-2009, 09:20 AM
Another bureaucracy is born! Nowadays the states and the feds seldom miss a chance to grow government and charge us for it.

Bduck
05-08-2009, 12:29 PM
With Kokanee Power in Cal. & Oregon, is that money they donate for the fisheries going to be funneled over to combat the mussel situation? I know the intermountain states want there own chapter of Kokanee Power but makes me wander what's going to happen with the revenue generated here. Would the Fish & Game departments use it for what its intended for? Also, are these states going to try to take control of Kokanee Power because of a revenue source? I don't know if they can. There always seems to be a certain loophole in the laws that allows for something like this to happen. The last we want is states to take control of a fine organization such as Kokanee Power. That would mean controlled fishing derbies, state taxes on top of everything you do within the organization and god help us being a winner of a derby. I'm for Kokanee Power as long as it stays independent. Time to sit back and watch and see what happens in Cal & Oregon.