PDA

View Full Version : A Gorge-ous Trip 5-03-2009

Bduck
05-04-2009, 12:56 AM
What a long day. It started about 3am. Get out past Evanston,Wy., and my fishing partner(my dog) decided to leave a couple of air biscuits lingering in the truck. All nose hair burnt. WOW! After leaving Mountain View, almost took out a small heard of does crossing the road. Towing a boat all you have to rely on is pure pucker power. Made it thru that and get about another 4 or 5 miles down the road I was put to the test again this time with just 2 does. I would rather have heart failure catching the big one, not on the way to the fishing grounds. Made a narrow escape on that one. Finally made it to the Gorge and started fishing. Went to the pipeline and was able to bring in 3 kokes and 1 bow. Successful with RMT Orange spatter dodger & orange signature sqid either plain or with a spinner blade. Dressed it up with carp spit and even trout & kokanee scent. Tried herring scent but didn't work. My largest Koke was 3lb @ 18in. Saw a 20lb laker taken by the wall there at the pipeline. Fish were marking well close to the wall. Weather was not bad at all. One small shower moved thru the area. Lake was almost like glass all day. Had a little daylight left when I left for home. Noticed a huge cow elk laying on the side of road on my way out. I can imagine the damage it left behind. Drove into a storm outside of Mountain Green. Other than that, I made it home in one piece. Here's a couple of pics with my kokes and a couple scenery shots-why its called Flaming Gorge.

halojm
05-04-2009, 07:28 AM
Way to go. How did you like the new red rods? They look good with those squids, but a pink net, not sure abou that. At least you can say you caught fish. I stayed home and did honey do's all weekend. Thought it was going to be another weekend with nothing but snow up there.worthy12

SuperD
05-04-2009, 10:13 AM
Much better photo work Roger. thumbsup Nice job! Our trip out is getting closer and closer. Grow, grow, grow....

Bduck
05-04-2009, 11:50 AM
Way to go. How did you like the new red rods? They look good with those squids, but a pink net, not sure abou that. At least you can say you caught fish. I stayed home and did honey do's all weekend. Thought it was going to be another weekend with nothing but snow up there.worthy12 Those news rods worked fantastic. Been thinking about getting a couple more. Pink net? It black netting with a red handle. Goes good with my rods. There was one point I was wearing a tee shirt. But its the gorge. You don't know when heavier attire is required.

Kokanee Killer
05-04-2009, 12:46 PM
awesome bduck i will be koke fishing myself back home in ct in 3 weeks cant wait till we get some dime bright fish keep on posting those great koke picsworthy12

SmokeOnTheWater
05-04-2009, 09:03 PM
How do you train your dog (fishing partner) to take those GREAT photos? Heck, my wife can't even do that well.

halojm
05-05-2009, 07:08 AM
Those news rods worked fantastic. Been thinking about getting a couple more. Pink net? It black netting with a red handle. Goes good with my rods. There was one point I was wearing a tee shirt. But its the gorge. You don't know when heavier attire is required. Opps, My wife has told me to never make comments about colors without my glasses on first. I guess I must have been jealous you were fishing and I was wishing I was. Hurry up Villa Derby.