PDA

View Full Version : Berryessa Day Trip

Big Bob
05-03-2009, 10:09 PM
went fishing at Berryessa on Saturday May 2, caught about 50 fish my partner and I, mostly at about 20 feet but up higher early in moring than later moving a little deeper. Was using raeical red RGT and seps dodger copper color with garlic scent. Most of the fish were trout but did manaage to land 8 nice kokes to 18 inches

Thanks Big Bob.

Full_Monte
05-04-2009, 09:07 AM
Way to go, Big Bob!

You did better than I. What is your suggestion to catch kokes instead of trout?
Did you fish the Big Island or somewhere else? Seems to me that there oughta be kokes somewhere else in that big lake as well as at the Big Island.

SuperD
05-04-2009, 10:10 AM
Way to go, Big Bob!

You did better than I. What is your suggestion to catch kokes instead of trout?
Did you fish the Big Island or somewhere else? Seems to me that there oughta be kokes somewhere else in that big lake as well as at the Big Island.

If you are catching a steady run of the trout, it is my opinion that you are still a little too high in the water column. We caught a few Rainbows down to 40' when we were there a couple weeks ago but just one every now and then. As we would let our lines down to "Koke Zone", we'd get hit by the Rainbows on the way down.

clamkin
05-04-2009, 12:47 PM
There are kokes up higher as well. On Saturday I got one as I was putting the line into the DR clip and another 16" at about 20'. The rest were at 32-37 ft.

The week prior was just the opposite though. Couldn't keep the trout away. This time only a few trout releases on the way to a full koke limit.

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/3174/takehome.jpg