PDA

View Full Version : under utilized?

kochanut
07-25-2008, 12:37 PM
i know this is a semi new site, but come on, give me somethiong to read about when im not out in my vehicle while im here. colorado has such a great fishery, its a shame the CO section of BFT is so quiet, but with some kok addicts (pun intended) and having Blue Mesa there (which is the largest kokanee fishing water in the US) you would figure there would be alot more posts on here. dont let the UT'ans show you up guys, come on now! now i understand if it werent for Lunkerhunter2 sending me a PM at around 530am his time (when he would usually be dreaming of fish) that was sent to me instead of my brother i would not have known about this site, but come on CO kok slayers, show yourselves!

on a side note there is nothing wrong with being a UT weenie, i am one myself having lived there for years, fishing there every year, and my brother being stationed there, but i also call CO home.

FishHunter
07-25-2008, 03:26 PM
I have often thought the same thing. The koke fisherman in Colorado either do not use forums or are very stingy with information. This is the first year I have looked at and joined forums mainly because I wanted to learn more about koke fishing and refine my techniques. Everyone on the forums have been very helpful, but I wonder how many of our fellow koke fisherman don't know about these sites.

On the other hand, a lot of koke fisherman I run into at Blue Mesa are unwilling to share any information they have and I have to play 50 questions with them to find anything out. This is mostly done at the lake when they are fishing and maybe that is the reason. I am still searching for different sites/forums to find out more info about fishing Blue Mesa other Colorado lakes that have kokes in them.

I have recently started fishing Blue Mesa and don't know that much about the lake. We have fished it 3 or 4 times in two years, but would like to fish it a couple of times a month since it is so close. I am fishing there in a couple weeks and hope to post a report then. Bobco may have more fishing reports since he lives even closer than me.

I am telling everyone I know that fishes for kokes to look at this website, much like every other member. Hopefully, we can get more Colorado activity on this site.

Petty4life
07-25-2008, 04:04 PM
I'd Like to see more reports from lots of other states , col and calif, heck we even have a guy on here crom conneticut that has been putting reports up. This site was made to bring the kokanee world togeather on one site, weather your from utah, california or new mexico. I like hearing how people fish for them where ever.