PDA

View Full Version : Is it really that good????

Kokanee Killer
05-02-2009, 10:54 PM
WOW,, thats all i can say after reading bill herzogs sts article on kokanee fishing the gorge,, he goes on to say once you fish here you will be ruined i believe him i now want badly to make a trip to as he would say to mecca WOW 2-4lbs avg WOW!!!!!!thumbsup

Kokaholic
05-03-2009, 01:30 AM
Yes, Once you fish the gorge and get a taste of that action, you get a little Jaded.

Fishon18
05-03-2009, 01:57 AM
Believe me, after my first trip last year, it's hard to look at kokanee the same. That's why we are headed back in less 6 weeks. You gotta check it out sometime!!!thumbsup

Scott

halojm
05-03-2009, 08:44 AM
We definately get spoiled living close to the gorge. I'm about 180 miles away but still average 87 days a year fishing that water. Wouldn't want to go anywhere else for those silver bullets. When you get tired or have sore arms from catching them you always have big lakers to go after.

SmokeOnTheWater
05-03-2009, 11:29 AM
ABSOLUTELY!

The GREAT thing about the Gorge is it's diversity. One can switch from Kokanee and Trout in the morning to Lake Trout during mid day to Small Mouth Bass in the afternoon catch the evening bite again for Trout and end it off with Catfish & Burbot at night. Or you could just target one species the entire day. YES, IT IS THAT GOOD!

Kokanee Killer
05-03-2009, 09:36 PM
maaaan and i thought we had it good on lake erie and the tribs lol.

Ironhead
05-03-2009, 10:15 PM
I just kept thinking I need to make one trip to this lake. I did and now I am going back again this year. One word explains it all "unbelievable"

Ironhead

Kokaholic
05-03-2009, 10:39 PM
Actually........................ I think I have changed my mind.......

Its a dump! all that happens here is that the wind blows all the time, no scenery to look at, small little tiny fish, IF you can find them. I would'nt spend my last nickel to go to this Arm pit of a lake! I would rather see you guys not come up here. just stay home and not waste your time and money. Really, Its not worth It!thumbsuplaugh hystfencing

dunnigan jim
05-04-2009, 12:20 PM
[QUOTE=Kokaholic;7939]Actually........................ I think I have changed my mind.......

Its a dump! all that happens here is that the wind blows all the time, no scenery to look at, small little tiny fish, IF you can find them. I would'nt spend my last nickel to go to this Arm pit of a lake! I would rather see you guys not come up here. just stay home and not waste your time and money. Really, Its not worth I

WOW NOW HE TELLS US THE WHOLE STORY laugh hystlaugh hyst.. Too late I already got my fishing license for july . I hope they get the dump CLEANED up by thenthumbsup

dunnigan jim
05-04-2009, 12:23 PM
OH and I'll bring my sail boat and small netlaugh hystlaugh hyst

halojm
05-05-2009, 07:16 AM
Actually........................ I think I have changed my mind.......

Its a dump! all that happens here is that the wind blows all the time, no scenery to look at, small little tiny fish, IF you can find them. I would'nt spend my last nickel to go to this Arm pit of a lake! I would rather see you guys not come up here. just stay home and not waste your time and money. Really, Its not worth It!thumbsuplaugh hystfencingNice try Mark. Should have thought of that comment a few years back. No one believes us now.