PDA

View Full Version : whiskeytown lake 4/19

RC McKokanee
04-29-2009, 07:24 PM
this is a little late ,but i fished whiskeytown lake sunday 4/19 . hit the water at 6:30 am launched at whiskey creek, started fishing at the 5mph buoys. trolled all the way past the hwy 299 bridge and did not get a single strike. i marked fish and tried 4 different setups, one a red wedding ring, another on a uv pink/clear uvex, another on a pink rmt hoochie, and the last was a fwg pink setup. we fished several of my favorite trolling areas ,but i got skunked. we marked fish but could not get them to hit. i tried fishing from several depths range from topwater to 90 ft. hopefully there is someone out there who might have tried fishing this beautiful lake and actually caught fish. other than that, it was a nice day, windy for a bit and had to dodge some debris at times. saw my usual bald eagle and ospreys. some fish were jumping out of the water ,but they were small. water was pretty cold. my temp was not working but i would say it was in high 40's to low 50's. the weather was quite warm here for 3 days and we saw a high of 97 in redding. today it is back to normal in the 60's. rain is supposed to move in friday and we could have rain thru sunday. still, i cannot wait to get back on that water, anyone game out there?

HiTechKoke
04-29-2009, 10:04 PM
Good report... seems Whiskey has been slow this year. I'll pass through there tomorrow on the way to Shasta for the KP Trout and Salmon Derby. Will be packing the rain gear too as it will be a wet one they say.

Kevin

cptdarel
05-14-2009, 06:24 PM
YEP been a lot slow there, getting to wonder if it may turn our to be like Bullards Bar, hope not, TC and Mike may hit it on 5/15 friday.

Full_Monte
05-17-2009, 10:25 AM
Good report, RC...it's a long drive for us to WT, so it's great to get a report from you on whether it's "on" or not.

Bduck
05-17-2009, 01:55 PM
Good report, RC...it's a long drive for us to WT, so it's great to get a report from you on whether it's "on" or not. Great report RC. Your right Full Monte about a little far to go. I've been doing 1 day trips thats a 2hr plus driving time one way. OK going up but coming back after being out all day is a killer. I'm getting to old for this. :(

Full_Monte
05-18-2009, 08:26 AM
I haven't done WT yet, but I think it's about 5 hours one way for me.

HiTechKoke
05-18-2009, 09:36 AM
Hey Monte - Probably only about 4 hours... but a good drive anyway. If it doesn't pan out there for Kokes you should go over to Shasta and try for some Kings as you have most of the gear... just get some RMT White UV Hoochies and you'll run into them.

RC McKokanee
05-23-2009, 02:18 PM
the latest reports on whiskeytown is the fishing is picking up some, still small fish in the 10 to 12 inch range, some with copepods. most of the fish are coming near the hwy 299 bridge. since the weather has warmed up here, getting in the low 90's during the day, the weekends will be busy with lice. i would suggest getting on the water between 5 and 5:30 am and getting off no later than 11. water temps are in the low 60's. i plan on fishing here tomorrow with a friend from fairfield. as long as the plans stay. i will give another report after.

RC McKokanee
06-15-2009, 12:05 PM
haven't seen any new whiskeytown reports here, but latest reports of people who have fished there have seen the fishing picking up some. still haven't heard of any large fish being taken yet. weathere here has been strange for june with many afternoon and evening thunderstorms and cooler weather. this is all going to change this week with the temps going up into the higher 90's. water temps have been in the low 70's and there is a good plankton bloom . fish have been seen in a few areas such as the hwy 299 bridge and between dam and curtain areas. i will be fishing there tomorrow and will try and get a report back soon.

wahoohunter
06-15-2009, 12:22 PM
Thanks for the updates and give 'em hell tomorrow