PDA

View Full Version : stampede

tin can
04-26-2009, 12:48 PM
Hello kokanee fans, thanks for a informative site and posts. This is a late Stampede report, the kok fishing has been wide open to fair. The largest kokanee I have gotten into have been 14 to 14.5 inches and pretty copepod free. The water is low, but there seems to be large numbers of kokanee. The top 20 feet of the water has been working well for me, with large schools 40 feet and deeper. I tried to upload some photos but fail, I will try again later.

ll kaidoy ll
04-26-2009, 01:57 PM
Thanks for the post tin can. It's great to hear that Stampede is waking up from its winter sleep. How low is the water now? Are people launching in the mud?

tin can
04-26-2009, 02:21 PM
The water is very low, the ramp was silted in from the winter so it was mud on top of the ramp and it has been getting cleaned up. I have been launching in 2 wheel drive so its not a problem anymore for most anyway and the dock was not in last time out.

HiTechKoke
04-27-2009, 12:44 AM
Nice Kokes Tin can! Great FF shot as well. The lake sure is low. I assume the snow melt should help fill it up. Were they biting anything in particular?