PDA

View Full Version : Rods ???

Polar Bear
04-25-2009, 10:39 PM
Ok....I have been reading about the Kokanee Rods , who makes them and where to buy them which ones to get???

Kokanee Wizard
04-25-2009, 11:36 PM
There are a number of good rods out. Look for a ultra light to light rod with a medium action.

Kokaneemart has Jared Johnson's new rod. It has a little more backbone than I like but that should help with the Gorge kokes.

Here's a link to the store and rod.
Lamiglass Jared Johnson Signature Kokanee Rod (http://store.kokaneemart.com/prostores/servlet/Detail?no=543)

Kokaholic
04-26-2009, 12:08 AM
WEll................................. I am just a little partial, But.................. I would reccomend Lamiglas to start, Then i would look seriously at the New Jared Johnson red Kokanee specials. Weather your fishing kokes or trout, All your cali fishing, This is the one. This rod will handle a fish up to 5-6 lbs with no problem. That extra back bone will help you control that fish if and when needed. You will not be unhappy with this rod. Period!

HiTechKoke
04-26-2009, 12:44 AM
It's always a loaded question on what rods to consider and everyone has their favorites but the first thing is set your budget on how much you will spend as they can get pricey. Also you will find Glass versus Graphite as another choice. On the graphite rods like the Lamiglass Tournament Kokanee and the Rogue 792C you are looking at a basic fly rod blank that has been setup for Kokanee. I own and fish a number of them which include:

Vance's Spiral Wrap 7'6" - Glass
Lamiglas CGR762L Jared Johnson Signature Team Kokanee Rod - Glass

Lamiglas Tournament Kokanee Rod - Graphite
Rogue Rods 762C - Graphite
Rogue Rods 792C - Graphite

I picked up to of the new Jared Johnson rods and they have worked very well for trout and Kokanee already this season and the price point is perfect to get into it.

Kevin